Bottom Bracket compatibility with power meters

Irishbob
Irishbob Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi everyone,

I was wondering is the FSA powerbox compatible with a shimano pressfit BB92 bottom bracket? I have a Canyon Ultimate CF slx 8.0 and just wanted to make sure of the compatibility before I shelled out a few hundred quid on it. Sorry I'm a relative newb when it comes to this stuff so any help is massively appreciated :)

Comments

• foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    'Nope, the powerbox meters are bb386evo which have a 30mm diameter axle. Your shimano bb has a hole for a 24mm diameter axle.

You'll have to either change the bb or get a shimano bb compatible power meter such as a power2max rotor 3d24.
  • http://shop.fullspeedahead.com/en/type/ ... ano-pfbb86

One of those is what you need.

Fwiw, the Powerbox is a Power2Max NG Eco in all but name, and some variance in the update/upgrade schedule. There's not a huge price difference.
  • <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://shop.fullspeedahead.com/en/type/bottom-brackets-spares/bb386-crank-to-shimano-pfbb86</span&gt;

One of those is what you need.

Fwiw, the Powerbox is a Power2Max NG Eco in all but name, and some variance in the update/upgrade schedule. There's not a huge price difference.
    foggymike wrote:
    'Nope, the powerbox meters are bb386evo which have a 30mm diameter axle. Your shimano bb has a hole for a 24mm diameter axle.

You'll have to either change the bb or get a shimano bb compatible power meter such as a power2max rotor 3d24.

Cheers guys really appreciate the info and help. So out of the two which one would you go for ? I can get the powerbox for 658.99 (including the price of the bottom bracket) whereas the NG eco comes out at 690 euros (without a bottom bracket needed). Or since they're similar does it really matter? Cheers again :)
  • Hanners
    Hanners Posts: 260
    I would go for the power 2 max mines been faultless, the power box crank doesn't look as good as the rotor imho
  • Can't fault my PowerBox beyond the weight and limited chainring compatibility. If I was buying again tomorrow, I'd probably buy a P2M NGEco for that reason alone, because otherwise the tech is identical.

You can, however, get a powerbox for €584 from Mantel, and the requisite BB for €49 from same.
  • I have the PowerBox and it works well but P2M looks better and FSA customer service is shocking.

Lost the battery cover and FSA told me 6-8 weeks. P2M sent one the next day.