tuesday you fall, and take the whole world with you

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:

I may have.

Coolio - that's what I thought. Many thanks indeed oh hallowed webbed footed one H3.

Loads of carbs but so long as you don't deep fry them they can't be that bad for you? And surely any badness is taken away by the goodness that is Sarsons?

:lol: What you remember from the picture of butt norks was my foot, with imaginary webbing. No more pictures of norks for you.

Plenty of salt with the Sarsons, and make sure that the oven chips are McCain Home chips. Dip them in mayo or salad cream to be absolutely sure that they are properly good for you.

Ooooooooooooooh - good call. Frites e mayonnaise et biere blonde. Food of Boonen and Voss. Marianne Voss. Nice. She could talk gobbledegook to me anytime.

https://twitter.com/marianne_vos
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Following yesterday planned EN1090 audit and the surprise ISO 9001 audit I encountered along the way things are running pretty smoothly at HD Towers as both passed without cause for alarm.

Bad news on a former work colleague though, he might see Christmas if he's lucky :(

More tape wielding at PP's 3&4 tonight which should be coming to an end hopefully.

Bike? What bike, and no not a Watt bike, just what bike?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,528
    Ooooooooooooooh - good call. Frites e mayonnaise et biere blonde. Food of Boonen and Voss. Marianne Voss. Nice. She could talk gobbledegook to me anytime.

get waitrose frites, set the oven a bit hotter than they say, make sure there's plenty of space around them, result is pretty much the perfect crispy frite with fluffy centre, one box == one portion as far as i'm concerned

LN_761775_BP_11.jpg
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Of course, I'm sorting Hoppy's career out and saving him from future financial ruin.

He will either be indebted to you for life or he'll want to kill you.

Like Stevo says, probably both, though he may also want to kill me with fire.

Seano is wankelmütig is he? What an excellent word that is.
    Haha, I know exactly what a wanklemütig is thank you very much :roll:

Psst....what's a wanklemütig?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    seanoconn wrote:
    Psst....what's a wanklemütig?
    Not sure, but it is a good word. Let me know if you find out.
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:

get waitrose frites, set the oven a bit hotter than they say, make sure there's plenty of space around them, result is pretty much the perfect crispy frite with fluffy centre, one box == one portion as far as i'm concerned

LN_761775_BP_11.jpg

How big are the boxes?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
  • Matthewfalle
    So you need at least two per snack then?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    minimum, plus a large bowl of vlaamse stoverij
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Hello peeps.
    Back from Madeira so as promised, a slice of cake all round.
    Sorry TLW, the wine has gone.
    Have I missed owt? Would be a first if I had. Is everyone accounted for after the storm? Is Hoppy still spliced? Anyone here been groped by a film producer* or even wanked into a plant pot?

Or by anyone really. You can tell us, we can keep a secret.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Oooh, lovely bit of cake that Ballysmate, went well with my cup of tea.

I'm still spliced, hoping to stay that way.

Never been groped by anyone that I didn't pay, and have never wanked into a plant pot, though this is now an ambition.

Eating vlaamse stoverij with a mountain of fries is now also an ambition.
  • Matthewfalle
    bike weight thread went well I see.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,469
    Just got back from my annual BUPA health check and I'm now officially a fat b@stard - 76kg, not sure how TF that happened. Best stay off the chips then. Although I did do very well in the fitness bike test strangely enough :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    bike weight thread went well I see.

i chipped in with a helpful explanation
  • sungod
    i just realised, "chipped in", boom boom!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just got back from my annual BUPA health check and I'm now officially a fat b@stard - 76kg, not sure how TF that happened. Best stay off the chips then. Although I did do very well in the fitness bike test strangely enough :)
    76Kg doesn't seem too bad unless you're as small as Pinno?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Speaking of health.
    Up early tomorrow to get to hospital for a hernia operation.

All nurses look like this, yes?

61X2-vzUAWL._SY355_.jpg
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sorry Bally's chum...

Fat_Cow_Nurse_24363.jpg
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    edited October 2017
    Of course Bally.
    [Nerd mode on. For the benefit of SG and other technically minded souls. Just skip this Stevo]

Me absolutely delighted me. Eons ago when Turntables were going out of style and everybody was buying CD players, I picked up a PIoneer PL-930 for £15.00. A mere 2 rounds of drink in them there days.
    It stood me well until I could not get any sound out of one channel. I managed to locate a break in one wire between the tone arm and the little circuit board. I soldered it back on. This was not before changing the cartridge and the stylus (Shure diamond) but that was temporary as it started not keeping speed. Being a direct drive, I knew summat was up and it wasn't the belt.
    After checking the transformer, my suspicions were confirmed. So, the long search for a decent turntable that wasn't silly money high end and the shortlist came down to:

Technics-Sl-1210Mk2 or a
    Audio-Technica AT-LP5

...and trying to find a replacement Pioneer PL-930 with it's lovely Graphite tone arm that wasn't in Japan or the US for silly money has been tricky because they gained a great reputation.
    On Sunday morning, there was 1 Pioneer PL-930 for sale with a crack in it. I bidded at £12 to see what would happen. Then outbid, then outbid at £15.00. I bid £16 and was the winning bidder for 2 days and then I forgot the end of the auction... but I won!!! :D:D
    So I will transfer all the gubbins over to my old one. Of course, I also have a new stylus and cartridge for it.

Now to find one of these:

https://www.lifewire.com/pioneer-pdr-60 ... er-1846224

[Nerd mode off]
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    76Kg doesn't seem too bad unless you're as small as Pinno?
    I'm definitely taller than the Stranraer Oopah-Loompah (5'10")
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    ...but you are much fatter.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    That's not difficult. If someone scattered a few sesame seeds on your head and you'd be a quarter pounder.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    That's not difficult. If someone scattered a few sesame seeds on your head and you'd be a quarter pounder.

Esteban Chavez is a mere 54kg's and far quicker than you uphill. So I am 12kg's fatter than him and Mark Cavendish is even quicker than you on the flat and he's 70kg's.
    So, you are a fat b4stard.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Esteban Chavez is a mere 54kg's and far quicker than you uphill. So I am 12kg's fatter than him and Mark Cavendish is even quicker than you on the flat and he's 70kg's.
    So, you are a fat b4stard.
    But I'm much faster downhill than you, 'Mr. Muscle' :) Mind you, Hugo Chavez would be faster downhill than you.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Bad news on a former work colleague though, he might see Christmas if he's lucky :(

Shoot news HD
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Pinno wrote:
    Of course Bally.
    [Nerd mode on. For the benefit of SG and other technically minded souls. Just skip this Stevo]

Me absolutely delighted me. Eons ago when Turntables were going out of style and everybody was buying CD players, I picked up a PIoneer PL-930 for £15.00. A mere 2 rounds of drink in them there days.
    It stood me well until I could not get any sound out of one channel. I managed to locate a break in one wire between the tone arm and the little circuit board. I soldered it back on. This was not before changing the cartridge and the stylus (Shure diamond) but that was temporary as it started not keeping speed. Being a direct drive, I knew summat was up and it wasn't the belt.
    After checking the transformer, my suspicions were confirmed. So, the long search for a decent turntable that wasn't silly money high end and the shortlist came down to:

Technics-Sl-1210Mk2 or a
    Audio-Technica AT-LP5

...and trying to find a replacement Pioneer PL-930 with it's lovely Graphite tone arm that wasn't in Japan or the US for silly money has been tricky because they gained a great reputation.
    On Sunday morning, there was 1 Pioneer PL-930 for sale with a crack in it. I bidded at £12 to see what would happen. Then outbid, then outbid at £15.00. I bid £16 and was the winning bidder for 2 days and then I forgot the end of the auction... but I won!!! :D:D
    So I will transfer all the gubbins over to my old one. Of course, I also have a new stylus and cartridge for it.

Now to find one of these:

https://www.lifewire.com/pioneer-pdr-60 ... er-1846224

[Nerd mode off]

Loving my record player - worse thing is I was looking at them when they were cheap yet waited until they were expensive to buy one
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Of course Bally.

... turntable stuff...

Loving my record player - worse thing is I was looking at them when they were cheap yet waited until they were expensive to buy one

Want a vintage turntable, direct drive, Japanese ultra-tech? You need one of these. Adjusts itself *automatically* to compensate for the hole in the middle being drilled off centre relative to where the groove cutting head was in the master/stamper creation process.
    tx-1000-h.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    ^ Jesus wept.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    TLW1 wrote:

Shoot news HD
    Missed that amongst all the noise. Sorry to hear that HD. Similar for my mate. Kidney op delayed for the second time, without the op no chemo, no chemo has obvious consequences. He made his main target since diagnosis though, his son turned 18 yesterday. Heartbreaking doesn't even begin to cover it.
  • Cheers chaps, my dad went round to see him yesterday and he's still pretty sharp although a mere bag of bones now. A tumor which was picked up in may the size of a pea is now around 250mm diameter and is wrapped around several major organs.
    Advocate of disc brakes.