Bora One 50 disc on Cannondale SuperSix EVO disc 2017?

Pallardy
Pallardy Posts: 2
edited October 2017 in Workshop
Hey guys

I am getting a new Cannondale SuperSix EVO Disc 2017 (off the shelf). I am keen to change the wheels and I want to buy a pair of Bora One 50 Disc on probikekit - will they be compatible? QR / Thru-axel or freehub wise? Thanks for the help as I'm a bit confused and haven't found much info on the web. Cassette is Shimano 11 at the back on the bike.

Cheers

Comments

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Not being familiar with either wheel specifically I offer the following which is worth considering.

The size/ type of quick release is generally dictated by the end caps fitted to the hubs. I ride Hope hubs and you can replace the end caps to allow fitment of whatever axle standard you have, be it 12mm or 15mm through axle or standard QR etc.

Find out what the bike has fitted and then check with the retailer what the Boras come with. They may swap them to be compatible or you may have to purchase the additional end caps to swap yourself (assuming the fitted hubs allow for end cap swaps).

Regarding the freehub, just specify Shimano 11speed when you purchase the wheels (it should be an option), although Boras are Campagnolo, so I would guess they come with a Campagnolo freehub as standard. Once again, contact the retailer before purchase if in doubt.

Enjoy...!

PP