Lefty to regular fork?

Mattcee
Mattcee Posts: 148
edited October 2017 in MTB general
I have a Cannondale FSI carbon hardtail which has the lefty fork. With Cannondale being a bit different with there 'Asymmetrical' design, can i swap the lefty fork to a regular 2-leg fork without any problems?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You'll need a new wheel, and being Cannondale, probably has a stupid size headtube, so you'll need to check out headsets that will work.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    the head tube is MASSIVE ! ..... but yes you can, considering the majority of Cannondale bikes are now shipping with regular forks for most of the models and the Lefty only making an appearance on the the top end short travel models

so yes a new front wheel or hub and a new headset to go with that fork
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Will need a new stem as well.....

But why change? The latest Lefty's with the RS made dampers are pretty good.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Mattcee
    Mattcee Posts: 148
    Right, I'll leave the lefty on then after reading this :)

Cheers.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Lefty is a good fork, I'd leave it on. Unless you're a UKIP voter, then you'll develop an irrational hate for it and blame it for everything.
    Anyway, back on subject. Cannondales head tubes allow you to fit a fork with any head tube size with the right headset.
    The lefty might look like it'll have the rigidity of a wet noodle but they're stiffer than most two legged forks.