Di2 Mobile App Connection Error - Help!

Snowblind
Snowblind Posts: 75
edited October 2017 in Workshop
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me here. New kit and I'm tearing my hair out!

I have upgraded my bike to Di2. Got it back from the shop yesterday and went for a short 40km ride; all worked perfectly. The setup comprises Ultegra 8050 kit, paired with BT-DN110 (upgraded internal battery), EW-RS910 (bar-end junction box) and EW-WU111 (E-Tube wireless unit).

This morning, I attempted to connect to the setup using the mobile app through the d-fly transmitter. It connected fine and recognised immediately that my bar-end junction box has outdated firmware, then started to update it automatically without prompting. Part way through that process, it cancelled the firmware update and told me that the battery was either faulty or lacked sufficient charge. I did a battery check using one of the switchers and found out that the shop had not bothered to charge up the system before handing it back to me (being a Di2 newbie, it did not occur to me to check this yesterday before going out, and it seems I was lucky to get a 40km ride in without running out of battery! :oops: ).

Having fully charged it, I tried connecting with the app again, only to get the following error whenever I try: "Error: One or more units that are not supported by the current version of the E-TUBE PROJECT are connected. Install the latest app from Google Play". I have attempted to reinstall the app a few times with no success.

Connecting the EW-BCR2 charging unit to my computer, I am able to go through the connection check process on the E-Tube software, and every device is recognised. It also recognises that the bar-end junction (EW-RS910) requires a firmware update. However, I can't do it from the computer program because my laptop doesn't have bluetooth, apparently (this seems odd to me, given that it is plugged in through a cable; why can't it update firmware through the cable?!).

Can anyone suggest something to try? Would disconnecting the battery from the system force the system to reset? I am reluctant to mess with it because the shifting, etc.. works flawlessly. But at the same time, knowing that the EW-RS910 requires a firmware update is really bugging me.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

David

p.s. On the plus side, the flawless shifting on the ride yesterday was absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!!!! Very, very happy with the kit generally; just experiencing some teething issues on the customisation features!

Comments

• After much faffing around, if anyone else experiences this problem, simply use another device with the E-Tube Project app installed to perform the initial start-up check and firmware update. That sorted the problem for me. It is probably caused by a corrupted cache within the app, which persists as saved data on the device even when reinstalling the app. In any event, the issue has now been fixed :idea: .