Zwift Academy 2017

bigmitch41
bigmitch41 Posts: 685
Anybody doing/done the Zwift Academy this year? Got my final race tonight then I graduate! :D

Deadline midnight tomorrow.
Paracyclist
@Bigmitch_racing
2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
2014 Whyte T129-S
2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
Big Mitch - YouTube

Comments

• dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I signed up but picked up an injury so wasn't able to do any of it, so pulled out a while ago.

Gutted though because I really wanted to do it!
  • Just completed my final workout so have now "graduated" from the Academy! I found the workouts a bit long, had drawn out 15-20 minute cool downs on most of them. The Zwift races as always were brutally tough and I even managed to score a higher FTP on one of them around the London Loop. The group rides were a bit of fun.

Had a little bit of illness in the middle so cut it pretty fine. Only a day to go for people to complete it now!
  • Finished it last week. Workouts 5,6,7 were tough. Provided a good bit of focus.

Wondering what the next phase involves now.
  • Websta24
    Websta24 Posts: 162
    I started it and did most of the workouts but the group rides and races where all at annoying times. Plus a 15min warm up and warm down seemed a little excessive.

Workout 5....700w sprint intervals!

It was a decent program but i've now switched back to TrainerRoad....must say though, at the start of ZA my ftp was 247, i did a test on TR last night and it came out at 270! Its quite a big jump so i may have under performed on my first test but its nice to see an increase!
  • Well, I managed to graduate last night with the final race and enjoyed all of it, the races are very competitive!

Looking forward to the next challenge.

Well done everyone!
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube