New Exposure TraceR with Daybright and React

mzgadzaj
mzgadzaj Posts: 27
edited October 2017 in Road buying advice
I want to get myself a good bright rear light (already have few cheap AliExpress support blinkers, but now want the "main" one), and still hesitating between Exposure TraceR, Bontrager Flare R and Knog R70.

Supposedly they provide more or less the same level of brightness/visibility from the back, but Knog (which looks I like the most) does not seem to be very visible from the sides. Also it doesn't have the "constant flash"/pulse mode, neither has Bontrager.

TraceR seems to be the best one of these - bright, good side visibility, pulse mode (so it doesn't go completely off at any point like normal blinkers do), it's just that I don't like how it looks... however that shouldn't really influence the decision, should it?

Anyway, as I was getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger, I have noticed that Wiggle apparently stopped stocking "normal" TraceR lights, and now offers their new version with Daybright and React technologies?

Exposure TraceR USB Rechargeable Rear light with DayBright
The new DayBright pulse pattern is designed to cut through the distractions of busy roads and visual noise in modern motoring and is visible from over a kilometre away, even in the brightest of sunlight.

Exposure Tracer With Daybright And React Technology
ReAKT (Ambient Kinetic Technology) is the next generation of rear lighting, a light that adapts to the conditions of the ride. By flaring up under braking forces or automatically adjusting to the surrounding ambient light ReAKT Technology makes your rear light a beacon for safety.

Of course, each one more expensive than the previous one.

Does anyone have one of these new versions, and could comment if it's just a gimmick to bump up the price, or really something useful?

Comments

• kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Got to be worth a knock for £45 ?

based on no research what so ever a braking light would be beneficial.

You can very cheaply get arm bights with lights if youre really concerned a side lights.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I've got the original version and use it on every ride. Sideways visibility is good, as is daytime visibility. The newer versions can omly be better, but whether worth the extra only you can decide, If available for £45 quid I'd say it's a good buy with the extra feature(s).
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...