Dolan DR1

Countrystock
Countrystock Posts: 31
edited October 2017 in Road buying advice
https://www.dolan-bikes.com/road/road-b ... -5800.html

I recently completed the New Forest Gridiron and the above bike caught my eye. It was the Red and Battleship Grey

Got chatting to the owner and was full of praise for his bike.

Do any of you also own this bike, if so what’s your opinions and how does it ride. I’ve read a review and it said it wasn’t great for comfort.

Many thanks

Comments

• kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    That looks fantastic - read CW review about the lack of comfort - other reviews don't mention this though.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Very nice. If I hadn't already got the Agree Disc with the same spec I may even be tempted.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Looks great, but price is high, given that you now see some carbon hydro disk bikes sneaking under or close to £1k - eg that Merckx that Merlin have (admittedly Tiagra), the Cube Agree GTC pro or some of wiggle/eastway's options.

Given that the Dolan RDX aluminium framed bike can be had with the same groupset for £950 it seems like a large part of the price increase is perhaps the Ksyrium Elite wheels fitted as standard?

Can't help but feel that the extra you pay for a carbon frame (they both have full carbon forks) and flash wheels will be very much into dimishing returns.