tuesday encore une fois

2»

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    hopkinb wrote:
    4 quid for a 330 ml can of Heineken in the hotel. I've sniffed out a local booze shop, where a 500ml can is 2 quid. Tenner for a cocktail in the bars. Anyone would think this was a Muslim country or something. :shock: :lol:

well, that's what all the time at the airport going out was for, loading up on duty free

or you could've used your 23kg to bring in beer (or tawny port in a nalgene bottle)

hic
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    4 quid for a 330 ml can of Heineken in the hotel. I've sniffed out a local booze shop, where a 500ml can is 2 quid. Tenner for a cocktail in the bars. Anyone would think this was a Muslim country or something. :shock: :lol:

well, that's what all the time at the airport going out was for, loading up on duty free

or you could've used your 23kg to bring in beer (or tawny port in a nalgene bottle)

hic

I got a massive falafel wrap, dips, salad, fries and a bottle of water for 35 dirham at lunchtime. That's three quid. I really should have researched this better, or just drink less. Quite atmospheric hearing the call to prayer from my balcony watching the sun set.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    the call to prayer can be quite beautiful, sometimes stop to listen to it when i'm in arab lands, let's raise a glass to them!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sungod wrote:
    the call to prayer can be quite beautiful, sometimes stop to listen to it when i'm in arab lands, let's raise a glass to them!

It's generally the only time they stop shooting at you as well, so that's quite nice.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    IMG_20171010_WA0003.jpg

Colourful day. Relaxing with a beer now. Jesus it costs a lot to drink here. Lovely lunch in the medina. I stuck to veggie food, falafel etc.
    Looks quaint.

Sounds like you need to save money by having a beer when you're back in London.

Is that you in the purple top.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    sungod wrote:
    Surely that's a bit of gamble given that they don't drink?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    IMG_20171010_WA0003.jpg

Colourful day. Relaxing with a beer now. Jesus it costs a lot to drink here. Lovely lunch in the medina. I stuck to veggie food, falafel etc.
    Looks quaint.

Sounds like you need to save money by having a beer when you're back in London.

Is that you in the purple top.

Nah. Random Moroccan.
  • Matthewfalle
    How about the bloke on the floor - is that you?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

Err... keep up at the back.

You're on good form tonight MF. That's two posts in a row that has tickled me. Must be a world record.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    How about the bloke on the floor - is that you?

I gave him some cash as he looked very hungry and had only one tooth, but no, not me. My phone tells me it's 36 degrees tomorrow. That's too much, might get up early, or go out late.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

You're on good form tonight MF. That's two posts in a row that has tickled me. Must be a world record.
    Whoosh...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

Whoosh...

Okay, i'll try and explain. Are you sitting comfortably? Listen carefully, i'll be asking questions later. Sungod said:

"...sometimes stop to listen to it when i'm in arab lands..." and then... "...let's raise a glass to them!."

'Ding', light bulb? Anything?

Answer below if it hasn't come to you:

Arab's don't drink - even you said that. The irony? I think SG will confirm that the construction of his sentence was quite deliberate. If not, he's seriously gone down in my estimation and I take it all back.
  • hopkinb
    90's house by the way. Look no further.

https://youtu.be/IDHInAO2nmM
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    90's house by the way. Look no further.

https://youtu.be/IDHInAO2nmM

1m 38 for the piano break.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

Whoosh...

Okay, i'll try and explain. Are you sitting comfortably? Listen carefully, i'll be asking questions later. Sungod said:

"...sometimes stop to listen to it when i'm in arab lands..." and then... "...let's raise a glass to them!."

'Ding', light bulb? Anything?

Answer below if it hasn't come to you:

Arab's don't drink - even you said that. The irony? I think SG will confirm that the construction of his sentence was quite deliberate. If not, he's seriously gone down in my estimation and I take it all back.
    They don't gamble either :wink:

Relevant word highlighted for the hard of thinking :)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Ah, so your 'woosh' didn't refer to Sungod's comment?

Is that why your minions up and leave constantly?

For you Hoppy

Sounds so much better when taking a substance.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

For you Hoppy

I'm sure they don't leave because they need obvious jokes explained to them.
  • Matthewfalle
    Now this was a Waste of her time writing - methinks she knocked up the article on her phone in the bath.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/d ... aid-51000/

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

For you Hoppy

No - they leave because you are confusing.

So why the 'woosh'?
  • pinno
  • Matthewfalle

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

For you Hoppy

No - they leave because you are confusing.

So why the 'woosh'?
    Let me explain this one as well...because you didn't get my pun about gambling :roll:

Sorry, I had to use two syllable words.
  • pinno
    Oh no; you're back.

Had you originally written 'woosh' next to the comment to which you were referring to... :roll:

But being a lazy basket, you didn't bother doing any deleting, hence the confusion. In HR, the best advertisement for a job is one that states the good and the bad aspects of a job. Therefore, I have decided that I will write the wording for your next minion advert.
    It will go along these lines:

Good European and global progression opportunities, above market rate remuneration, paid annual leave, pension... However, the successful candidate will have to put up with a hairy 4rse Northerner who cannot communicate for toffee and likes to strut around like a prize Cockerel.
    (and let him win chucking the paper ball in the basket or you will ruffle his well preened feathers).
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Oh no; you're back.

Had you originally written 'woosh' next to the comment to which you were referring to... :roll:

But being a lazy basket, you didn't bother doing any deleting, hence the confusion. In HR, the best advertisement for a job is one that states the good and the bad aspects of a job. Therefore, I have decided that I will write the wording for your next minion advert.

Good European and global progression opportunities, above market rate remuneration, paid annual leave, pension... However, the successful candidate will have to put up with a hairy 4rse Northerner who cannot communicate for toffee and likes to strut around like a prize Cockerel.
    (and let him win chucking the paper ball in the basket or you will ruffle his well preened feathers).
    I'll stick that in the job ad and see how many applications we get :)
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Oh no; you're back.

Jeez you're like a pair of old women :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Oh no; you're back.

Jeez you're like a pair of old women :roll:
    You sound hopeful Seano...