Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

sunday in the livid night there creeps a basilisk

sungodsungod Posts: 12,662
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, cafes, cake, perhaps another breakfast, get more food and nibbles, laze, etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,236
    Morning, don’t you just love it when an afternoon drink lasts all afternoon and night, feeling a bit fragile at the moment :), I am sure a few coffees and a couple of hours on the bike will sort that out
    Have a good day
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,346
    Morning, don’t you just love it when an afternoon drink lasts all afternoon and night

    Hell yes - nipped into the pub after karting yesterday and we stayed there
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,346
    Today continues daddy day care, yesterday was lots of fun stuff whereas today is dads taxi stuff and then off to my grandmas 90th party

    Later should be supporting the local
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,184
    Morning All what a lovely crisp bright morning for a change. Dad's taxi service shortly as young oxo wants to support his teammates playing this morning, even though he can't until he gets a lighter plaster. DIY and keeping her indoors happy so I can go out to play on my bike tomorrow. Hopefully highlight of the day will be eldest taking me for a beer tonight. Can't wait.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,689
    Almost had enough sleep and coffee. Now need to sort a few things in the garden before the fencing people come in this week to rip out the old fence and replace it with nice new stuff.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,780
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Almost had enough sleep and coffee. Now need to sort a few things in the garden before the fencing people come in this week to rip out the contents of my bank account in exchange for a few wobbly palings and a dodgy gate.

    FTFY

    Changed trades today and pretended to be an electrician. Then went looking for a light fitting and found nothing suitable in any of the three shops.

    Bought a tonne of gravel instead, shovelled it into buckets and carted it up the side stairs and pathway as punishment for whatever sins I've apparently perpetrated this week.

    Farked.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,689
    It's OK, I got the wife to negotiate. She can be quite intimidating.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,770 Lives Here
    oxoman wrote:
    Hopefully highlight of the day will be eldest taking me for a beer tonight. Can't wait.
    Very nice. It's now been over a year since mine bought me that first pint, hasn't bought one since of course.
    Had a call from him this morning. He's now on a bigger island so had wifi and such. He's having a great time, had been on a boat trip with free bar to the island Castaway was filmed. Is going scuba diving with sharks tomorrow after being taught the basics. What could possibly go wrong? He's been drinking quite a lot of rum. I'm just a bit jealous, definitely living vicariously.
    I did my electrician impression yesterday fitting LED strips under the kitchen units, back is protesting today due to the funny angle I was working at. Light duties today and hopefully a small ride later.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,662
    nippy start, when the sun peeks through gaps quite pleasant, had cake, and later omelette, chips, and beans

    traffic chaos coming back, umpteen major roads closed for some short distance runnists

    suicidal tourists out in force, throwing themselves in the road, they haven't got a chance
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,158
    Dreich. Smurry. Gittery. Taking toots swimming.

    Laters
    S - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/cd/f1/35cdf125f02216d233fc9aa90f8607e6.jpg
    W - (still at Atlantic boulevard). Neill broke his collarbone.

    "Why are the tractors beeping in the night? I dunno woss goin' on"
    Tricky, 9yo
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,770 Lives Here
    Ow, just pulled something in my back. Now lying on the floor listening to the Undertones on 6 Music.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,689
    veronese68 wrote:
    Ow, just pulled something in my back. Now lying on the floor listening to the Undertones on 6 Music.
    Which reminds me, got to buy my 100 Club ticket for that Clash tribute.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,597
    Quiet today. Has Matthew had his meds and Pinno and Gazza been overwhelmed with drizzle?
    Retiring after a very long day with very little kip last night. Chuck a few pairs of shorts and a few t shirts in a bag tomorrow morning, then it's off to Marrakech for 35 degrees of desert heat, a few flea ridden rugs and to sell the new Mrs H3 for 3 camels and an ounce of hash.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,158
    Sounds great Hoppy. Buy one of those magic carpets. Only drizzled for half a day. I even hoovered the car out. What do kids do in the back of cars to make them so messy?

    MF is off on some mini duty. Probably living the life on Salisbury plains rehydrating some army ration pack.
    My TA mate used to bring me odds and sods back. Some of it was actually really good like the soup and the army chocolate.
    S - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/cd/f1/35cdf125f02216d233fc9aa90f8607e6.jpg
    W - (still at Atlantic boulevard). Neill broke his collarbone.

    "Why are the tractors beeping in the night? I dunno woss goin' on"
    Tricky, 9yo
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,689
    hopkinb wrote:
    Quiet today. Has Matthew had his meds and Pinno and Gazza been overwhelmed with drizzle?
    Retiring after a very long day with very little kip last night. Chuck a few pairs of shorts and a few t shirts in a bag tomorrow morning, then it's off to Marrakech for 35 degrees of desert heat, a few flea ridden rugs and to sell the new Mrs H3 for 3 camels and an ounce of hash.
    Enjoy.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,346
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Quiet today. Has Matthew had his meds and Pinno and Gazza been overwhelmed with drizzle?
    Retiring after a very long day with very little kip last night. Chuck a few pairs of shorts and a few t shirts in a bag tomorrow morning, then it's off to Marrakech for 35 degrees of desert heat, a few flea ridden rugs and to sell the new Mrs H3 for 3 camels and an ounce of hash.
    Enjoy.

    Plus potato
Sign In or Register to comment.