Athleteshop - do any stores price match?

redvision
redvision Posts: 2,958
edited October 2017 in Road buying advice
Have seen a turbo trainer I would like at a fantastic price on athleteshop.co.uk (over 20% cheaper than next best price) but I'm a bit wary of purchasing directly from them as have heard mixed reviews about customer service.

I read on here that Evans price match with them but turns out they don't.

Anyone know any other more established UK retailers which might?

Thanks

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Wiggle has a list somewhere.
  • redvision
    Yeah I checked wiggle but they don't match athleteshop. Looked at every store I can think of and it appears none will match them.

Question is do I gamble or pay any extra £100 getting it from an established UK retailer... :?
  • Pay with PayPal funded from a credit card, that's about the safest way to be sure you'll get your money back if all goes wrong IMO.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Evans did, but not any more. Evans show a list of who they will price match these days.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Evans have never had them on the website list, but did price match for me over the phone, in the summer. And that was a £400 difference.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • I ordered a Elite Kura, from athlete shop a few months back the price was over 20% less than anywhere else plus another £19 off with quidco! Trainer arrived within a few days no problems at all.
  • redvision
    fuel2000 wrote:
    I ordered a Elite Kura, from athlete shop a few months back the price was over 20% less than anywhere else plus another £19 off with quidco! Trainer arrived within a few days no problems at all.

Thanks for the info. It's actually the kura i'm looking at. Even though the price has risen a bit since Thursday it's still £100 cheaper than everywhere else.

Tbh my main concern is if I need their customer support. I'm looking at this trainer after having poor luck/ experience with higher end smart trainers which all had to be returned.

Does anyone know if you have to go through the place of purchase for warranty claims or can you go direct to manufacturer?

Thanks
  • redvision wrote:
    fuel2000 wrote:
    I ordered a Elite Kura, from athlete shop a few months back the price was over 20% less than anywhere else plus another £19 off with quidco! Trainer arrived within a few days no problems at all.

Thanks for the info. It's actually the kura i'm looking at. Even though the price has risen a bit since Thursday it's still £100 cheaper than everywhere else.

Tbh my main concern is if I need their customer support. I'm looking at this trainer after having poor luck/ experience with higher end smart trainers which all had to be returned.

Does anyone know if you have to go through the place of purchase for warranty claims or can you go direct to manufacturer?

Thanks

I paid 380 for mine. It’s an excellent trainer no problems so far.
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    I had to return a trainer to them last year for replacement (roller fault after 12 months). They paid for all postage and the customer service I had was top notch. No problems there in my experience.