Terrible creaking on madone 9

markyone
markyone Posts: 1,119
edited October 2017 in Workshop
As per title i have a terrible creaking when in and out of the saddle,not sure if its the bb or something else.
I have ceramic speed bb90 and when i installed i used morgan blue aqua paste,not sure if this is strong enough.
I have greased all the usual suspects but still creaking,is it possible to use some sort of loctite on bb or no as if i need to
replace them in the future what would they be like to remove.
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Check the pedals, easy if you have a spare set, you can also pedal one legged on each side in turn and see if anything changes, I was convinced my creaking was BB, but no, it was a pedal.

Also worth just removing the NDS crank, cleaning the splines and threads and refitting, that fixed a friends bike, had lost just a smidgen of preload and was moving and creaking slightly, in fact the preload nut was split slightly from the loading (£2.99 Evans click and collect in store!).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.