CRC orders - track and trace not working?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited October 2017 in Road general
Anyone else being given odd Royal Mail "track and trace" codes for their CRC orders?

Ordered some large Sorpassos earlier in the week, track and trace code was different format to usual and didn't work. Order clearly stated that Royal Mail was the carrier. Since ordered the mediums to compare the fit and same thing has happened, strange format track and trace code which doesn't work...woukd be good to know when they were scheduled for delivery :(
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    yeah, I suffered that fate all the time with CRC .... now I just use Wiggle ... less choice but they use DPD
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Just checked box from previous order. Mailing label has a completely different code to that in their email confirming when that order was dispatched.

I blame Wiggle (post-merger) :roll:
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    I had the same issue with my Sorpasso order (weird and unusable tracking code) but it didn't bother me too much as I received an email when they'd been despatched and another when they arrived at the local corner shop.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    fat daddy wrote:
    yeah, I suffered that fate all the time with CRC .... now I just use Wiggle ... less choice but they use DPD

CRC & wiggle are the same now.

I paid for priority for an order last week and half came from CRC quickly but the rest from wiggle super slow. I was not a happy bunny. The one thing you could rely on CRC for was quick postage. Wiggle have ruined it!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    Email from CRC said bike was being sent by DHL service DHLHOME48 and gave a tracking number. DHL knew nothing about it. It came by Yodel! Contacting CRC is not easy. Their phone system only works Tuesday to Friday.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    ddraver wrote:

They are not really though are they... they “merged” but still have different stock and still use different couriers

They are the same in the same way a mars bar and a snickers are the same
  • I ordered a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt from them last Thursday (5/10) and got item dispatched email at 5pm that afternoon with a track and trace code. I immediately checked the royal mail track and trace website and it told me that the code would not be active in the system for 24hours. I checked again on Friday at about 8pm and it said that the sender had notified Royal Mail that the code had been issued and tracking details would appear once the item had been scanned into the system. This seems a bit dodgy to me that CRC are sending out item dispatched emails at least 1 day before they actually send out the item.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Why? They generate a code with the order, which only starts working on the RM system once it's actually been received and scanned.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ddraver
    fat daddy wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

They are not really though are they... they “merged” but still have different stock and still use different couriers

They are the same in the same way a mars bar and a snickers are the same

Prices for each item are also the same

Also, as I discussed, 1 order may have bits sent from each warehouse (by the various courier company - I wouldn't have used Yodel had I known). This would seem sensible but I ordered a 4mm, a 5mm and a t25 Park Tool P-wrench. The Allen keys came from CRC, the T25 from Wiggle.

So I'd say they re a Mars bar with peanuts in which you may find in either a Snickers wrapper or a Mars Bar wrapper.

(they re the same! :roll:)
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    cooldad wrote:
    Why? They generate a code with the order, which only starts working on the RM system once it's actually been received and scanned.

I take "dispatched" to mean "left the warehouse" rather than sitting in the same warehouse with a sticker on it.

It's dishonest at best
    - @ddraver
  • https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/10/0 ... ng_outage/

And in the midst of this RM "upgraded" their tracking website & broke it for an unspecified period.