Wiggle pricing

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited October 2017 in Road buying advice
Anyone else noticed a significant price increase for certain items on Wiggle and to a degree CRC?

Been monitoring Campagnolo GS prices recently and over night some prices have gone up by 20-30%

Also some wheels I bought in august have gone up over £400!

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Campaign is due to Brexit on one hand (weak pound affecting long term order pric s) and Wiggle and CRC raising prices across the board.

Nice one Brexiteers.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bmxboy10
    Campaign is due to Brexit on one hand (weak pound affecting long term order pric s) and Wiggle and CRC raising prices across the board.

Nice one Brexiteers.

Yes but the wheels I refer to are Last years stock and were reduced for that very reason. They were £614 now over £900!

Anyway it pushed me to order a Chorus GS on CRC before they whacked the price up!
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    They've just emailed me to tell me my discounts increased for a couple of weeks. Not noticed any increases but not looked for them.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Definitely have. Tyres I had in my basket waiting for next payday have now leaped up in price. Wish I'd pulled the trigger yesterday now :(
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • They've gone up in price to neutralise the extra membership discount for the next ~10 days. Uninformed think they are getting a bargain, the wise know different. ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • bmxboy10
    They've gone up in price to neutralise the extra membership discount for the next ~10 days. Uninformed think they are getting a bargain, the wise know different. ;)
    Maybe
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    I used them for a set off Fulcrum Racing 3s earlier today. They were the cheapest on the web by some way, same for a set of Racing Quattros.
  • bmxboy10
    Yes I am not saying all prices have gone up but where there have been increases they are sizeable.
  • Their Di2 Eastway bike increased by £1,000 this season. They said the weight of the frame was lowered by 200g and wheels had also been improved.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I found their prices have generally been higher since they introduced the 'price match'.

I have also noted CRC prices for quite a few products has increased by approx 10% ever since the BC discount (of 10%) started. Funny that ay :shock:
  • They've gone up in price to neutralise the extra membership discount for the next ~10 days. Uninformed think they are getting a bargain, the wise know different. ;)

Depends what though, just bought a load of stuff that was 12% off RRP on Wed, and 17% off yesterday. Bought yesterday, yay.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    They do match prices though don't they ?
  • From various selected places but, yes.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    They've gone up in price to neutralise the extra membership discount for the next ~10 days. Uninformed think they are getting a bargain, the wise know different. ;)

I dont think so. Extra membership discount is only off RRP, which they dont control.

Price rises people are reporting are presumably because they arent discounting some goods as much as before. The extra discount would not effect that.

The prices fluctuate all the time - I find when something goes back up that if you wait a while longer it comes back down again. Having said that, I suspect the merger of Wiggle and CRC means less competition so they probably arent as agressive on pricing as they used to be.
  • jessand
    jessand Posts: 45
    Interestingly I had a similar issue, but with PBK, last week. They emailed out a discount code and I checked the price of their Pro 4 V2s and found them to be a good price. With the additional 12% discount they would be very good. Problem came when I added them to the basket - the price went up by £3 per tyre!. Additionally, it wouldn't let me the discount code. I checked the email for exclusions to the offer but tyres weren't omitted so I tried again to go through the purchasing process without success. I sent a message to them saying what was happening and requesting help to complete the order. A day or 2 later I got a response from customer services saying they couldn't reproduce the 'error' and could I produce evidence by way of a screenshot taken at the time I was trying to place the order. I gave up at that point but on checking the tyre on their website found that the price had gone higher still.