Perfetto long sleeve vs Gabba 2

mzgadzaj
mzgadzaj Posts: 27
edited October 2017 in Road buying advice
Sorry for another thread on this, I know it's been beaten to death already, but... apparently is still not quite dead yet. :lol:

So I have a Gabba 2, which I love. Every detail of it. (Especially for the price that I paid.)

Now thinking of getting its long sleeve version as well (even though I know that's more or less the same as s/s with Nanoflex arm warmers, which I have as well, and use regularly nowadays - it's more to have a 2nd item to use in parallel to prolong their lives).

From what I understand, the current version is Perfetto long sleeve, which is essentially Gabba 3 + long sleeves. The thing is, looking at Perfetto and Gabba 3 and comparing them with Gabba 2, I have an impression that I like Gabba 2 better.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I see (online, on photos) Gabba 2 has:

* longer tail (which works great for me, and doesn't ride up at all),
* lower pockets (I think I've read somewhere that Gabba 3/Perfetto have pockets located higher on the back?),
* reflective hem on pockets,
* racier fit (Wiggle says Gabba 2 had "pro" fit, while Perfetto is "regular")
* and (though this is 100% personal) I like its look better.

And this is essentially my question - do the above points reflect reality, or is it just me imagining things? (and overthinking it all too much :roll:)

On the other hand, Gabba 2 l/s would be muuuuuch harder to find from a quick look around...

Comments

• grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    I've got a Gabba 2 SS, Gabba 2 LS and Perfetto SS. I very rarely wear the Gabba SS (which I bought well before the other 2 items) and am tempted to sell it.

Reason being that if its warm and damp/windy I wear the Perfetto as the Gabba will be too warm and sweaty. If it's cooler I want long sleeves and the nanoflex arm warmers are not quite warm enough unless it's just for that chilly first half hour. I wear the Gabba LS a lot in the winter with various layers. Great piece of kit and definitely my favourite of the 3.

My missus has the Perfetto LS and it does seem to ride up a bit more at the back so if a wet backside is a problem it could be an issue.
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    I have a Gabba 2 long (black), Perfetto LS (yellow) and Perfetto Light SS (red).

The fit on the Gabba LS and Perfetto LS is the same. The Perfetto Light SS is a much tighter affair and I went up a size for that.

I prefer the design of the flap on the Perfetto, which is much more integrated into the look of the jacket. The Gabba flap may be more effective, but I can't be sure as I tend to ride a bike with full guards in the winter or an ass saver in the summer.

The Perfetto doesn't have reflective pocket trim, but the Castelli logo on the flap is reflective. I haven't noticed the pockets being any higher or lower.

I definitely prefer the look of the Perfetto, but if you find a long sleeve Gabba 2 at a good price then go for it.
  • Just bought a Rapha pro team softshell, basically their version of the Perfetto/Gabba..I was tempted by the Perfetto, but didn't like all the price variations simply due to your colour choice, and the sizing with Castelli stuff is a joke...bought a large in the Rapha..fits perfect..tried XL in a Perfetto..the zip at the bottom didn't even come close to meeting!!!
    I have never used the Gabba/Perfetto so can't comment but the Rapha is an awesome jacket.Went out in it as soon as it arrived, luckily..or not it was starting to drizzle, 13degrees...perfect test conditions..and suffice to say it was really really up to the mark.
    As i say, not tested the Castelli's so can't compare, but if you want another choice in the mix, the Rapha is more than up to the task, and the aquamarine looks simply stunning...even the wife thought it looked cool, which is praise indeed!!!!
  • On recommendation from Bendertherobot, I got a Parentini Mossa....better than a Gabba in every way and got it for a song. Plus not every other cyclist in winter is wearing one!