Chain kept dropping

mykochan
mykochan Posts: 10
edited October 2017 in Workshop
I have a compact Campy Chorus Ultra Torque crankset with a 11-27 cassette (11 speed). My chain kept falling off into the frame when shifting from the small chainring into the big chainring while it's 25 or 23 at the back. I played around with the H screw and now the chain falls off outside the crank when shifting from the small chainring into a big chainring while it's 13, 14 or 15 at the back. Does it seem like something is wrong with the FD or shifter?

Cheers.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Well to start with you needed to adjust the Low screw which stops it falling off on the frame side, the High screw stopped it falling off the outside until you allowed it to!

Go to Parktool.com and their 'how to' pages and learn how to do it. https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-he ... -section-2

At this stage it's doubtful you need any new parts apart from a new mechanic.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.