edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

rides, cafes, cakes, espressos

need some noise, i suspect there are zombies among the terpsichoreans
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good morning, back to wet weather here in not so sunny Lincolnshire, shopping , waiting in for a parcel, hopefully a bike ride later, all followed by roast beef and a home made lemon meringue.
    I also suspect zombies ,as well Sungod
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Wet, cold, off to stand in the great outdoors all morning while Bambina does activity.

Neeeed coffee.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Official daylight saving start today, so a late kickoff for a Sunday morning. Painfully bright sunshine all day. Long weekend here too, not that it makes much difference.

Just about done the structure for the new back deck. Big enough to be a frickin helipad. A few finishing details on the structure tomorrow and it will be all go to fit the boards. Such a fun week to look forward to - drill, countersink, sand about 2000 holes, and screw them all down individually... :|
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Talking of brothels, is Chrystal still working at the White Hart in Weymouth?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Talking of brothels, is Chrystal still working at the White Hart in Weymouth?
    You "asking for a friend"?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    oxoman wrote:
    Good morning All. Currently sat on M1 southbound wondering whats happening to stop traffic. Looks like may be late to lads comp. Oh well.

If you had left yesterday, you could have waved to Stevo.

It's blowy out there and wet. That's what you would want in a brothel.

Might venture into it later to take the toots swimming. The rain on the Fusso soft99 wax is making interesting patterns.

Where's Gazza? The tw@t and Flan and Hoppy and HD and the Italian Mockney sh1t factory and Step aerobics or that new bus driver cyclist bloke and Stevo the number manipulator?

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    ebay message after ordering a drivers side window glass replacement (mine has deep and slightly mysterious scratches in it). I supplied telephone number, VIN, reg. no. and part number as requested by the seller:

Hi
    thanks before sending what year is your car ?
    also drivers side front up & down glass needed ?
    thanks
    harry

My reply:

Yes, drivers side front 'up and down glass' , not the slidy back and forward glass or the twisty louvre glass or the swively mini quarter light glass.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I done a ride. Not a long or difficult one. Got caught up with the palace to palace thing. Arrived at the scene after some poor fcuker had gone over the back of a car that pulled out on him while he was doing 40mph. He was just about lucid, but his tooth had gone through his top lip. I called an ambo, wrapped him up in my waterproof and waited until the ride first-aider arrived with a space blanket and some actual first aid skillz other than "don't move mate, you've hit your head".
  • pinno
    Hoppy, my hero.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,317
    Pretty good first aid skills there Hopper. It is mostly common sense.
    Traditional slow start has been had. About to do a non-fried fry-up for lunch. Got to shoot into town to pick up a few bits later. Otherwise more of getting the lad sorted for the off and trying to keep the wife and his girlfriend calm. Deep joy.
  • hopkinb
    When does he leave V68? I bet he can't wait to get away in some ways!
    The guy's bike had disintegrated, people were picking bits of it up from all over. I think he'd actually been very lucky, though the adrenalin was just wearing off as I left and he was starting to go into shock.
    Dog walk and kid wrangling now.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    damp roads but mild

today's cake was a mini tarte au citron

spent at least three aeons dodging/passing the sluggish weaving hordes who were on palace to palace, don't think they were doing 14 let alone 40, there were also some in purple going the other way, made for lots of happy drivers, also reminded me why i stay well clear of sportives

hoping the small, possibly neolithic, flint axe head i dug out of my front tyre didn't reach the carcass
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,494
    Wading through paperwork sifted from the piles of post in the parents house and doing some research on the effects of drugs used to treat dementia that they say may be needed by my old dear. Joyous day. On the plus side the new coffee machine is pretty good.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:

spent at least three aeons dodging/passing the sluggish weaving hordes who were on palace to palace, don't think they were doing 14 let alone 40, there were also some in purple going the other way, made for lots of happy drivers, also reminded me why i stay well clear of sportives
    Slow and erratic weren't they, I was out at 6.30, so may have missed the worst? I passed a group of 5 or 6 lovely lady roadies though. I sped up specially and adopted my flattest back and most nonchalant air of easily maintained speed, with forearms draped over the tops, while my wheels whooshed impressively.

I don't think they noticed. :D probably because I looked like a middle aged bloke hunched over his bike, puffing and blowing a bit rather than the impassive streamlined power machine I imagined myself to resemble. :lol:

No cake for me. :cry:
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    I done a ride. Not a long or difficult one. Got caught up with the palace to palace thing. Arrived at the scene after some poor fcuker had gone over the back of a car that pulled out on him while he was doing 40mph. He was just about lucid, but his tooth had gone through his top lip. I called an ambo, wrapped him up in my waterproof and waited until the ride first-aider arrived with a space blanket and some actual first aid skillz other than "don't move mate, you've hit your head".

Did you get his wallet and watch off him?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

Phone, keys, wallet, everything from his jersey pockets. He insisted. He was lying on them all.
  • sungod
    hopkinb wrote:
    Slow and erratic weren't they, I was out at 6.30, so may have missed the worst?...

i started dodging them at parliament, after that the road was heaving with them until joyous relief when our routes diverged at putney common - though at chelsea bridge i did take a sneaky diversion via kings road to leapfrog a particularly thick agglomeration i saw ahead on chelsea embankment

finished off the pate, accompanied by toast, moved onto the pineapple, which is delightfully succulent
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Phone, keys, wallet, everything from his jersey pockets. He insisted. He was lying on them all.

Where are they now? EBay I hope.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    ...moved onto the pineapple, which is delightfully succulent

What is it with you and Pineapple?
  • sungod
    symbol of hospitality, they taste good, and they look so mad

Charles-pineapple.jpg
  • hopkinb
    Nice house you have there sungod.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Blowing a hoolie over here. Feckin pine needles all over the place.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,317
    hopkinb wrote:
    When does he leave V68? I bet he can't wait to get away in some ways!
    He leaves Tuesday evening, it's a bit of a weird limbo at the moment waiting for him to go but there are still things he needs to do. been telling him for a week he needs to work out how to upload from camera to Dropbox using his phone. Mainly little things like that still to be done. Then packing.
  • Matthewfalle
    Where's he going again?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Uh - ho: judging from H3's silence it looks like he made the mistake of handing all valuables back. Amateur amateur mistake.

H3, dude - you keep hold of it all. Healthcare don't come for free you know..........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Uh - ho: judging from H3's silence it looks like he made the mistake of handing all valuables back. Amateur amateur mistake.

H3, dude - you keep hold of it all. Healthcare don't come for free you know..........
    Heh heh. I made a pile of his belongings by the stack of bits of his bike. I'm the NHS.
  • hopkinb
    oxoman wrote:
    On way back north on M1 via services with the lads both carrying gold medals. Well happy.
    What did the mini Oxos win medals for Oxo?
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    On way back north on M1 via services with the lads both carrying gold medals. Well happy.

Sell them asap - it'll learn them from an early age about the fragility of victory and the injustice of society snatching away something that has been gained by your own physical hard effort, determination and talent together with the bitter sweet feeling of having your heart ripped out by a cold heartless bitccch who then stamps on it and destroys your life for years befor efukkkking with your head at every opportunity she gets.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:

Did you give Stevo a wave..., hang on, that was yesterday.
  • Matthewfalle
    Killing time in front f the fire with Das Hund and a bottle of Spitfire.

The Women's Football Show or The Expendables 3?

No contest - it's gonna be a late night watching Sly and the boys.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.