COLNAGO CLX vs CANYON Endurace CF SL Disc 9.0

mrblue
mrblue Posts: 11
edited September 2017 in Road buying advice
Hello to all

I have decided to by my first road bike after a life only with mountain bikes. I will allocate a max of around 2k gbp for this. I am just an amateur using the bike during the weekends and maybe to commute to work (15 mins). My point is that for the first time i want to have the feeling to have a very light but at the same time fast bike.
After a lot of searching i am very undecided among two very different bikes.

One is (i dont know if i can post a link...lets avoid for now) is COLNAGO CLX ultegra 2017, lowered to 2k from 3k. Apaprently seems a great deal.

The second is CANYON Endurace CF SL Disc 9.0. Both in Carbon both equipped with Ultegra.

Both around 2k gbp.
Which you prefer and why?
Thank you very much!

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Not quite the bikes I'd choose for commuting and a ride at the weekend. Especially as we enter Autumn....

If you're commuting - you need full mudguards. Especially on a short commute - its not worth getting into the kit and out.

Presumably you have secure parking at work cos neither of those bikes would last on the street til home time.

Get something sensible like a Ribble Winter bike - it's going to be a lot lighter and faster than your MTB's and then when the nicer weather comes along in the spring you'll have more of an idea what you want from a road bike.

The feeling of a light bike doesn't last that long anyway - I probably notice the difference when I swap winter to summer bikes for about 30 mins and then it's just 'normal'....
  • ahah wise! well you are right to commute i should maybe better use my old mountain. Yes i have the parking at work.
    Regarding thefts i have a 19mm lock that i paid 100 usd, i am curious to know if they are breakable or not, but maybe is worth to open a different post about this topic.
    Among the two, wht would you prefer anyway?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    What is the lock ? I'm sure it's breakable somehow. Thieves are not as dumb as you'd hope.

Both bikes are nice but you pay a premium for the colnago name.
  • i have one equivalent to this:

https://www.kryptonitelock.com/content/ ... pe=bicycle

I agree about Colnago but there is 1k discount..Canyons are also expensive in my opinion. They simply internalize all the margins that usually go to dealers, they definitely dont pass that margino to you