Boardman cx team vs pinnacle dolomite 4

eavesy31
eavesy31 Posts: 38
edited October 2017 in Road buying advice
Can I take a poll on this.... need for general commuting.. both priced at £900 one with shimano tiagra group plus hydro brakes and the boardman with SRAM rival hydro discs..

Thanks users

Comments

• igsta
    igsta Posts: 56
    Very happy with the cx team as a do it all bike. Not sure how they do it at the price point tbh
  • Yeah, big spec on the sram groupset and also I fancy the 1x11 gears for a change from the norm. I think the boardman is favoured.
  • igsta wrote:
    Very happy with the cx team as a do it all bike. Not sure how they do it at the price point tbh

Have you kept the same tyres on it or gone smaller.. heard they can be a bit draggy on th roads ??
  • igsta
    Eavesy31 wrote:
    igsta wrote:

Have you kept the same tyres on it or gone smaller.. heard they can be a bit draggy on th roads ??

Bought a second pair of wheels (cheap on eBay). Running zafiros for the commute and wtb cross boss tubeless on the other (ghetto tubeless method). Moved the rapid robs to the wife's bike. Didn't have any particular issues with them either on or off road.
  • I bought the Boardman last week and really happy with it.
    Remember you can get another 10% off with BC discount and 4,5% Topcashback
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Take a look at the Dolan RDX. £950 with 105 hydraulic groupset...

Unless you particularly want to buy instore I'd say that's very hard to beat.
  • igsta wrote:
    Eavesy31 wrote:
    igsta wrote:

Bought a second pair of wheels (cheap on eBay). Running zafiros for the commute and wtb cross boss tubeless on the other (ghetto tubeless method). Moved the rapid robs to the wife's bike. Didn't have any particular issues with them either on or off road.

Would you mind asking what wheels you bought as I'm not sure what sizes tyre wise the mavics that come with the bike accept..?
  • igsta
    Eavesy31 wrote:
    igsta wrote:
    Eavesy31 wrote:
    igsta wrote:

Would you mind asking what wheels you bought as I'm not sure what sizes tyre wise the mavics that come with the bike accept..?

I bought another pair of the same ones that ship with the bike. They are 19mm internal diameter so take tyres upwards of 28mm

Currently running 32mm zafiros , 35mm cross boss, plenty of space for wider. Thinking of fitting 28mm 4seasons when the zafiros up for replacement
  • igsta wrote:
    Eavesy31 wrote:
    igsta wrote:
    Eavesy31 wrote:
    igsta wrote:

I bought another pair of the same ones that ship with the bike. They are 19mm internal diameter so take tyres upwards of 28mm

Currently running 32mm zafiros , 35mm cross boss, plenty of space for wider. Thinking of fitting 28mm 4seasons when the zafiros up for replacement

Many thanks for your replies and advice... went s bought the bike today.. was instock built and ready to go... took it out for a quick spin this evening and apart from the Sram shifter being very different to the shimano I'm used to what a lovley solid ride.... if you don't mind me asking where did you pick up your second set of mavics as don't see many on eBay... defo want to try and run a second set of wheels with some slicker treads ... lmk if you don't mind
  • igsta
    Eavesy31 wrote:
    igsta wrote:
    Eavesy31 wrote:
    igsta wrote:
    Eavesy31 wrote:
    igsta wrote:

Many thanks for your replies and advice... went s bought the bike today.. was instock built and ready to go... took it out for a quick spin this evening and apart from the Sram shifter being very different to the shimano I'm used to what a lovley solid ride.... if you don't mind me asking where did you pick up your second set of mavics as don't see many on eBay... defo want to try and run a second set of wheels with some slicker treads ... lmk if you don't mind

No probs, glad you’re enjoying it! I did get them off eBay, took a little while but they do pop up every other week or so.