sizing between Bianchi and wilier problem

shiznit76
shiznit76 Posts: 640
edited September 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi, trying sort out new bike, went to one bike shop who said I would be a medium in wilier GTR endurance, went to a different one who said I would be a 55cm on a bianchi intense. Looking at geometries of both they are completely different.
I am 5ft9.5 and 30" inside leg measurement.
Going by wilier chart I am right at max for medium
Doing my nut in as don't know who is right. Sat on both and both felt fine to be honest.
Anyone got any advice they have had for measurement for either bike?

Thanks so much guys, I know I have been asking loads questions here, and all pretty billy basic ones!

Comments

• shiznit76 wrote:
    Hi, trying sort out new bike, went to one bike shop who said I would be a medium in wilier GTR endurance, went to a different one who said I would be a 55cm on a bianchi intense. Looking at geometries of both they are completely different.
    I am 5ft9.5 and 30" inside leg measurement.
    Going by wilier chart I am right at max for medium
    Doing my nut in as don't know who is right. Sat on both and both felt fine to be honest.
    Anyone got any advice they have had for measurement for either bike?

Thanks so much guys, I know I have been asking loads questions here, and all pretty billy basic ones!

I am 6'1" (185cm) and have 2 Wilier's that are Large.
    Mate of mine is same height and has a 57 Bianchi.
    On that basis I think Medium Wilier or 55 Bianchi sounds about right, as you say you have sat on both and they feel fine then just buy the one you prefer the look or colour of.
    Don't over think this, just get on the bike and ride.
  • ha, I know, I am totally overthinking it. New to this and keep reading about sizing, geometries, position etc. When I was a kid all everyone wanted was a full size 23" frame, had one that size when I was about 18, must have been huge on me.
    Don't understand how geometries and seizes of the wilier and bianchi totally different but should both fit?
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    I ride a Bianchi Infinito in a 55 which is the same geo as the Intenso. I'm 172cm but have a long inseam 85 cm. I initially tested a 53 in the Bianchi and whilst the reach was OK the saddle to bar drop was to big. In your case I suspect 53 would be fine.