No beards, innit

2»

Comments

• I was tempted to join the Navy just so I could grow a beard.

Don't you have to get permission? Some form to fill out and a beard inspection from a senior officer. Sure I've seen it on a documentary a while back.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    I heard somewhere that Tom Cruise has a beard.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,448
    M.R.M. wrote:
    I heard somewhere that Tom Cruise has a beard.

:lol:
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,448
    Is it Chris Carmichael?
  • phinney_670.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    phinney_670.jpg

His Instagram Story thingum had Kasia Nieuwadoma (sp?) on it a few nights back. I must say that's a pairing that makes all the sense!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I was tempted to join the Navy just so I could grow a beard.

Don't you have to get permission? Some form to fill out and a beard inspection from a senior officer. Sure I've seen it on a documentary a while back.

Not sure. As I vomit all over myself the minute I see the sea I didn't pursue my life on the ocean waves very far.

I think you just need to grow a proper beard, none of this bum fluff or heavy night on the tiles stuff.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    mfin wrote:
    The fashion for hypster beards has lasted quite a while because balding people can have them and join in on a hair related fashion for once, this and that the look detracts the eye from the fact they are losing their hair so they do it. Fact.
    But how much more handsome did Tom Boonen look after he dropped the awful combover in favour of the shaved head/stubble combo?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,647
    trek_dan wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    The fashion for hypster beards has lasted quite a while because balding people can have them and join in on a hair related fashion for once, this and that the look detracts the eye from the fact they are losing their hair so they do it. Fact.
    But how much more handsome did Tom Boonen look after he dropped the awful combover in favour of the shaved head/stubble combo?

Disagree.

He just did what any balding man does.

And he has the advantage he doesn't have an ex military boss who has pogonophobia.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    IlnurZakarin_0.jpg

Zakarin tends to rock a beard, not that you'd notice...

And Greg Soupe has gotta be on the top 10 list

gb15113.jpg