Your experience using thebikerooms

Maglia_Rosa
Maglia_Rosa Posts: 72
edited September 2017 in Road buying advice
Getting back into cycling after a couple of years off and looking to upgrade to this from Pinarello, never bought online before so just after any feedback from this seller and also any opinion on the bike I’m looking at. New to this forum but I’ve been reading the posts the last couple of days so hoping to get and contribute a lot of advice.

https://www.thebikerooms.com/pinarello-gan-rs-2016-ultegra-black-fluo-yellow?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxq3eoMW91gIVXZSyCh0LGw95EAQYBCABEgL1HPD_BwE

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    What are you riding now ?

That Pinarello isn't my idea of a winter bike...

Why not go for this - https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-7 ... 3xEALw_wcB

and then you may have more of a feel for what you want come Spring ?
  • Fenix wrote:
    What are you riding now ?

That Pinarello isn't my idea of a winter bike...

Why not go for this - https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-7 ... 3xEALw_wcB

and then you may have more of a feel for what you want come Spring ?

I’m currently riding a Specialized Roubaix and have been since 2012 but to be fair if it’s too cold, wet, icy I don’t bother going out so having a dedicated winter bike is something I’ve needed in the past.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I think we only had ice once last winter - it was very mild in the NW.

Pal of mine has bought from the bikerooms with no drama - Pinarellos are nice but I think a bit overpriced. I'd not be getting a summer bike now unless the discount was very appealing.
  • I agree that there are more value for money bikes out there, I’ve also looked at Canyon’s. I just love the shape and look of the Pinarello’s and I really want something that I enjoy to look at as much as ride. I’ll keep an eye on this forum for other recommendations and deals etc over the coming months.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Really good interactions with them, they also run the Giordana UK website, and have some stunning deals.

Only bought clothing from them, but had no issues with delivery, and or returns - spoke to them on the phone as well, and seem like a friendly bunch.

Re the bike - well it's black and yellow, so I naturally think you should buy it :D
    gan_rs_246.jpg
    Not a huge Pinarello fan, and highly unlikely to ever buy one, but if YOU like it, and you are happy with the spec for the money, then I think it's worth a lot to actually desire a bike, rather than it all adding up on a spreadsheet to be the best value.
    For me, I would need a balance of the two, ie I would need to WANT the bike, and I would need to be fairly content with the spec - the want factor would outweight the spec factor though, to a degree.

I have that exact saddle on my turbo bike.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Yeah I’m really into the colours on this one. I’ve only been looking for the past couple of weeks and I’m certainly in no rush so I’ll continue looking and comparing prices to give me a better idea of what is a good deal and what isn’t. Good to know that they come recommended though so I’ll continue to keep an eye on their site for the Pinarello’s.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    There was a Pinarello Gan on the Pinarello stand at the cycle show with mudguard mounts, that might be the more appropriate model for Winter.
  • It would be easier to ride in the winter if you got one where the tyres touched the ground though.
  • I have ordered Giordana clothing several times as some of my mates have also. All good , including price.
    I was tempted by a discounted Pinarello Paris and phoned up to discuss sizing. The guy talked me out of it as it would be ever slightly too small and would probably require a 14cm stem. So realistically not for me. He did however offer for me to come down , sit on turbo and try it out with the stem etc set up as best they could.
    I saw sense and didn't actually go .
    This was at the Manchester branch. Seemed keen to help and not just palm me off with an unsuitable bike.
    Top marks for their help.
  • It would be easier to ride in the winter if you got one where the tyres touched the ground though.

Marketing ploy to exaggerate how light it is perhaps
  • Fenix wrote:
    I think we only had ice once last winter - it was very mild in the NW.

Pal of mine has bought from the bikerooms with no drama - Pinarellos are nice but I think a bit overpriced. I'd not be getting a summer bike now unless the discount was very appealing.

Clearly very lucky wherever you are. This part of the NW was lethal for ice last winter.

I don't like that Pinarello make a model that looks like a Dogma and give it another name. At least with a Specialized Roubaix/Tarmac etc you don't have a different model name plastered all over the more budget models.
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    I've never bought a bike from them but have had other stuff without any issues - returns are also easy. That said, as someone else commented, that particular bike looks to be overpriced (IMHO, very). For £3.5K could you could probably buy a better bike, have it resprayed however you wanted and still have some money left for some kit (I'm only half joking there!). You could also upgrade your Roubaix and still have a lot of change. That would be the common sense approach but common sense really shouldn't play any part in bike buying! Also, I'm biassed because I quite like the Roubaix but the only Pinarello that I have ever ridden (a Dogma something or other) was possibly the most bone shakingly uncomfortable bike that I have ever sat on.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)