Castelli Climber's 2.0 sizing vs. original Climber's

neeb
neeb Posts: 4,467
edited October 2017 in Road buying advice
Can anyone confirm that the Castelli Climber's 2.0 jersey fits exactly the same as the original?

The Medium in the original is a perfect fit for me, although for nearly every other Castelli jersey or jacket I'm a Small.

Also seem to remember a rumour that the sizing of the original Climber's was different between the U.S. and Europe. My original was bought in the U.K. and I'm looking to buy the 2.0 from Germany.

Comments

• sebbyp
    sebbyp Posts: 106
    As if they even do a small, do not buy a small! that is one tight little jersey. Got one the other day and had to get the XL, which is just silly for a normal skinny 5' 10 cyclist 73KG.
  • neeb
    Sounds like the medium should still be fine for me then.. I'm 5'9" but of a build that anatomists would call "gracile".. (well, sounds better than skinny wee f*cker.. :) I'm 63kg).

Just worried that Germans tend to be on the larger side and the sizing might be different, but I suspect it's consistent across the euro zone.
  • I'm Large in that, 70kg (max), 5'11.

Small would surely be too short in the body for 5'9".
  • neeb
    I'm Large in that, 70kg (max), 5'11.

Small would surely be too short in the body for 5'9".
    The original is fine for me on length - but I hate jerseys that are too long and saggy at the back so prefer a shorter fit.
  • neeb
    To answer my own question now I've got the 2.0 - it seems to me to fit the same as the 1.0. I actually emailed Castelli and they told me it's just a little bit tighter, but the sizing seems effectively the same. In any case it's still a much smaller fit than the Castelli "standard" sizing, M in the Climber's seems about the same as S in an Entrata I tried on in a shop recently. Seem to remember that the aero race was somewhere in-between - I was exactly between S and M when I tried one on, although that was a few years back.

The Climber's 2.0 is a really diaphanous little number, I can see my nipples through it.. :-)