sunday nothing short of a total war

Comments

• hopkinb wrote:
    Fcuk this for a game of soldiers. I'm going to bed.

Rubbish,

Have a Pastis.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Just logged onto ES On Demand to watch Men's World Road Race, only to seee the winner announced in the programme selection bit :evil:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    sungod wrote:
    ffs bbc is now interviewing a breitbart spokestroll as if it it were a credible source of honest information, we are so fu​cked
    The search for an opposing opinion to everything is just giving voice to the lunatic fringes. For every flat earther they find some weirdo that believes the world is spherical.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    ffs bbc is now interviewing a breitbart spokestroll as if it it were a credible source of honest information, we are so fu​cked
    The search for an opposing opinion to everything is just giving voice to the lunatic fringes. For every flat earther they find some weirdo that believes the world is spherical.

This.

I have yet to hear one bit of CREDIBLE EVIDENCE that the earth is anything but flat.

I have eyes
    I can see
    I can read
    Show me the evidence or STFU.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    You're all wrong, the earth is helix shaped. FACT!!
  • Garry H wrote:
    You're all wrong, the earth is helix shaped. FACT!!

FAKE NEWS FROM A FAKE MEDIA

Mntalbano was rather dark though....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

This.

I have yet to hear one bit of CREDIBLE EVIDENCE that the earth is anything but flat.

I have eyes
    I can see
    I can read
    Show me the evidence or STFU.
    You are manc33 and I claim my £5.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Mouth wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Robin hood half marathon

Reasonable weather too. Was it last year it lashed it down almost constantly for the whole duration?

Amazes me that every year they just start closing roads when the feel like it at 4am. Not ideal when you're piloting a bus full of ale junkies.

You are a bus driver!?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Pinno wrote:
    Mouth wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Robin hood half marathon

Reasonable weather too. Was it last year it lashed it down almost constantly for the whole duration?

Amazes me that every year they just start closing roads when the feel like it at 4am. Not ideal when you're piloting a bus full of ale junkies.

You are a bus driver!?

Sadly, yes. I now spend a lot of time pointing at myself telling all my young relatives that school really is a place for listening.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

rides cafes shop

may listen to stations of the crass later, or savage republic, or hawkwind, though it's hard to get shouldn't do that loud enough without imminent sonic destruction, but this would be a price worth paying

Are you riding a silver machine?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • pinno
    Mouth wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Mouth wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Robin hood half marathon

You are a bus driver!?

Sadly, yes. I now spend a lot of time pointing at myself telling all my young relatives that school really is a place for listening.

First Bus driver I have ever known to ride a bike.
    Do you ride a bike with an extra long wheelbase?
  • Garry H
    I onow another busdriver that rides a bike, he's very good. Or maybe he's a bus mechanic. Even so, i'm sure he can drive a bus anyway.
  • pinno
    He's something to do with buses. That makes 2. Wow, the stats are going silly now.
  • Garry H
    Wait a minute. Maybe Mr Mouth is actually the same bus bloke that I know? That would halve the stats.
  • pinno
    Maybe he's 3 foot tall. That would quarter the stats.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    No, the guy I know is about 5'10".
  • pinno
    Now you're just being awkward.
  • or tallist.

one of the two.

how's your beard?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    or tallist.

one of the two.

how's your beard?

I haven't got a bloody beard.

Well, I go four days - that's when it's peachy (IMO) and then the EPO demands a shave :roll:
  • mouth
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

It seems that you and I are unacquainted, on the height basis alone.
  • mouth
    Pinno wrote:
    Mouth wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Mouth wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Robin hood half marathon

You are a bus driver!?

First Bus driver I have ever known to ride a bike.
    Do you ride a bike with an extra long wheelbase?

Admittedly I do work for a very large bus depot/company, certainly in terms of the fact we operate outside of London, but there are regularly 15+ bikes in the shed when the Sun's out. We also have a few triathletes on board, as well as one guy who's a very good fund raiser - he did Midlands - Monaco, with Huez thrown in for good measure a few years ago. In 5 days. He's also done LEJOG (or JOGLE, or both) inside 5 days before as well. I also know a good few who refuse to ride to work, suggesting it'd take the enjoyment away from their day off, and I can totally and utterly see that. It's no criticism to people in my industry, but it can be quite easy to guess which ones have a sporting interest.

We have a Council instituted parking charge and cycling makes the perfect solution for many, given that if you're running the first bus out in the morning, or the last one in at night you certainly aren't going to catch it home.

Long wheelbase? No. My tiny, tiny legs exclude such shenanigans.
  • mouth
    Garry H wrote:
    I onow another busdriver that rides a bike, he's very good. Or maybe he's a bus mechanic. Even so, i'm sure he can drive a bus anyway.

Yup, I'd expect he can drive a bus, and probably a HGV too. Mechanically there aren't really that many differences. Our apprentices are qualified to work on both upon qualification.
  • Garry H
    Mouth wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

See Pinno, I told you.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Mouth wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

See Pinno, I told you.

Fair enough.

Mouth has blown the stats out of the water. We can pretend he never posted that and carry on with the bollox.

How many bus drivers do you know ride a bicycle Gazza?
  • Garry H
    One. Just Mouth.
  • I know one. Used to be the manager of the best bike shop in town - friendliest with the best mechanics.

Closed down because of internet competition and not being trendy enough for the local clubbies to go to - they preferred to go to lesser shops that charged more because they had couches and coffee machines in.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    I know one. Used to be the manager of the best bike shop in town - friendliest with the best mechanics.

Closed down because of internet competition and not being trendy enough for the local clubbies to go to - they preferred to go to lesser shops that charged more because they had couches and coffee machines in.

That's Sheffield for you
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    I know one. Used to be the manager of the best bike shop in town - friendliest with the best mechanics.

That's Sheffield for you

...and Dudley.
  • TLW1 wrote:

That's Sheffield for you

What - the whole of Sheffield closed down because of cyclists?

Frickin' hell, I thought it was because it was/is, well, a shyythole.

We'll bugger me sideways. You learn something new everyday.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mouth

Care to share which town?