Really can not decide..

D1RTM0NKEY
D1RTM0NKEY Posts: 19
edited September 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi all cant decide and make mind up on a bike. Not ridden a bike for good yr half plus now and looking a getting a bike very soon, budget is 1000k either fully built bike or self build p. Yeah yeah I know about self build is good etc. Now narrowed down a list of potential bikes and cant decide between them. This is current list.

Trek Roscoe 8 or 7 650b+

Or self build bikes are out these; Sonder Transmitter 650b +
Dartmoor Primal 650b +
Or a Commencal Meta Am HT 650b

Any thoughts, I have a test ride booked for the Trek Roscoe at my LBS in Oct so may give me some insight.

I have not ridden any 650b or 650b+ even 29er before so all new coming from many years of 26er for years.

I am favouring towards the Trek as be I able to ride sooner and upgrade other time. While self building is good as I can choose the parts to build and is fun but can be costly and cant ride until built.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Links help, but why +. Especially if you've never ridden anything except 26. It's a dead end and bits like tyres are really expensive.

Kind of depends what you want to ride, and where.

A lot of new bikes in normal size will go up to 2.6 or so tyres.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Yeah a lot of modern frames/forks can take slightly chubby tyres, maybe not full on plus size but fatter than what you'll be used to.

I think I'd go for regular 650b unless there's a compelling reason to get something else, like a big discount.
  • cooldad wrote:
    Links help, but why +. Especially if you've never ridden anything except 26. It's a dead end and bits like tyres are really expensive.

Kind of depends what you want to ride, and where.

A lot of new bikes in normal size will go up to 2.6 or so tyres.

Thanks Cooldad good point on posting links.

I ride any trails technical and roots, roocks etc any think fun.

Yeah juat read that the + are good handle well grip well and good for all sorts of riding, just fancied trying them plus can run 29ers as well.

29ers what initially fancied then came across the + wheels..

Links to follow.
  • mattyfez wrote:
    Yeah a lot of modern frames/forks can take slightly chubby tyres, maybe not full on plus size but fatter than what you'll be used to.

I think I'd go for regular 650b unless there's a compelling reason to get something else, like a big discount.
    Thanks for that just like said to Cooldad I initially fancied a 29er for the climbing and able to cover distance better, then I came across the + size wheels and ability to also run 29ers.