Alternate Chorus 2015 rear mech

flopstocks
flopstocks Posts: 110
edited September 2017 in Workshop
Sorry for re-posting, but I have just broken my 2015 rear mech. I was hoping for some further responses but nothing as of yet :(

A previous poster has stated that the Centaur 11 rear mech will work, but according to the links below it will not. I am hoping that somebody will be able to confirm for sure, as i am hoping to save around £100 by getting the Centaur.

https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/ ... _07_17.pdf

https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/products/c ... derailleur

Comments

• 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Potenza 11 will certainly work; I'm using one on my otherwise Chorus Audax bike.
  • That's the total opposite to my other post,. Where I was told everything will work bar Potenza. So are Campy talking rubbish in their PDF with their 'A' 'B' and 'D' systems?
  • There is no need to create a double thread on the same topic...

My understanding is that Potenza cable pull ratio is different from the rest of the Campagnolo range. It might well be that the difference is so small that it actually doesn't matter.

My understanding is also that any other post 2015 11 speed Campag rear mech should work fine. I don't understand what your problem is. Is there no availability?
    left the forum March 2023
  • I sorry for doubting you and have ordered the Centaur. It's just that the links above suggest otherwise.
  • 964cup
    There is no need to create a double thread on the same topic...

My understanding is that Potenza cable pull ratio is different from the rest of the Campagnolo range. It might well be that the difference is so small that it actually doesn't matter.

My understanding is also that any other post 2015 11 speed Campag rear mech should work fine. I don't understand what your problem is. Is there no availability?
    Certainly I have no trouble with a Potenza medium-cage mech on an otherwise Chorus build. Obvs the Chorus is post-2015 pull-ratio change. There is some nonsense propagated by Campag that Potenza mechs rely on a stronger return spring in the lever, but that also isn't borne out by my experience. I've done about 1,200km on that bike, including the Dynamo, with perfect shift quality (and that's with an 11-32 Potenza cassette as well).
  • 964cup
    ETA what certainly wouldn't work is an Athena 11-speed rear mech. Obvs no longer in production, but those had a different pull ratio.