Boosnut v2 - front whee removal

simono5
simono5 Posts: 42
edited September 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
A simple question. My nephew has a Bossnut 2 and he's having a few issues with the front thru axle.

The quick release mechanism doesn't seem to lock in to place tightly like it does on my Rockshox. Can someone tell me how to tighten this up please as I can't see much on the web.

Also in the event of a puncture, how do you remove the front wheel?

TIA

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Isn't it just a Maxle? Screw it in almost tight then flip the lever to tighten it up?

Unflip and unscrew to remove?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Thats what I thought. When you turn the screw nothing happens. Doesn't appear to tighten or loosen whichever way you turn it.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You screw the whole axle in. Sometimes needs a little push to get it started.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Are you engaging the quick release lever in the cut away in the collar when trying to tighten or loosen the axle?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • JBA wrote:
    Are you engaging the quick release lever in the cut away in the collar when trying to tighten or loosen the axle?
    Can you elaborate a little please? There is a cut away in the collar, is this part of the removal/tighten process?
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    Can you post photo, if it is as above. Then once lever is released, it is moved as far back as possible then rotated so it engages in the cutaway, then it will undo.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    simono5 wrote:
    JBA wrote:
    Can you elaborate a little please? There is a cut away in the collar, is this part of the removal/tighten process?

Yes.

Watch this VIDEO from 30” to 1’ 35” and you’ll see how to use the axle properly.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • JBA wrote:
    simono5 wrote:
    JBA wrote:

Yes.

Watch this VIDEO from 30” to 1’ 35” and you’ll see how to use the axle properly.
    Thank you that looks perfect.