Bike shipping to Hong Kong

mlgt
mlgt Posts: 366
edited September 2017 in Road general
Hi,

Did a search online and found links for shipping items for sale, but nothing on actual shipping a bike abroad.
As the title suggest. I would like to ship a bike from London to Hong Kong.

I am wondering if there are users that have shipped their bike, what courier did you use etc?
It is on behalf of a friend who moved out last year. It is a Cinelli Mash.

Already have a bike box. Please do offer any advice.

Thanks in advance.
N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0

Comments

• ZMC888
    ZMC888 Posts: 292
    One of the cheapest ways would be to take it by plane. Find a bike friendly airline such as KLM and next time you or someone you know goes there you can take the bike with you for free. I also had a look at parcel hero https://www.parcelhero.com/ it indicated there were prices around the 50-60 pounds mark which seems reasonable.

Big companies like Chain Reaction seem to be able to absorb the cost of sending bikes around the world seemingly by Surface/Air/Land, but the size and weight seem to make it ball breaking expensive for an individual to send anything outside the UK by using the post office/parcelforce. You could send the frame forks and wheels etc and get the other consumables parts tyres/tubes/bar tape/chain out there?
  • mlgt
    mlgt Posts: 366
    Hi. I did think of that by sending it stripped too. I will enquire anyways :)
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0