friday fighting triffids in the corridors

2»

Comments

• Garry H wrote:
    Anybody else following the Cassini thing? My small brain finds it fascinating.

yes - it's uber cool. Everything space/NASA/ESA is ridiculously cool.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Garry H wrote:

Always been interested in that sort of stuff.

Our trip to NASA at Cape Canaveral last month was ace.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Me too. Always impressed by stuff i'm too thick to understand :D
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Me too. Always impressed by stuff i'm too thick to understand :D
    Tax? :P

PS: what about my last question above? Impress me with your banking knowledge.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    edited September 2017
    I'm stretching my mind to think of the last time I came across any client with any Moroccan holdings. That's what I meant by"nobody does it".
  • Garry H
    Dupe
  • Garry H
    Can't believe Stevo's the only guy that got my clever wordplay up above
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    gmc has a moroccan tentacle

also iraq and afghanistan, we're in all the best places

edit: well, i got it, but i never inhaled
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    hopkinb wrote:
    Ahh, closed currency. So I take whatever - I can only buy Dirhams when I get there.

Try smuggling currency out, it gives the authorities something to do!

When I left Morocco I got frisked at the airport, usual procedure for me at all airports, they didn't care about the drugs, they confiscated my loose change, result! :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:

GBC got a 9 figure USD fine within the last 2 years for falsifying documents relating to shifting funds into and out of sanctioned jurisdictions. Tippex. In these days of wondrous tech. Tippex.

I think I missed Gazza's subtleties. Must have been all that inhaling.
  • hopkinb
    team47b wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Ahh, closed currency. So I take whatever - I can only buy Dirhams when I get there.

Try smuggling currency out, it gives the authorities something to do!

When I left Morocco I got frisked at the airport, usual procedure for me at all airports, they didn't care about the drugs, they confiscated my loose change, result! :D

I already floated the idea of sitting around smoking hash, drinking mint tea and fcuking. I got the stare. I said I'm not buying any carpets. I expect she will sit in the sunshine at the hotel, whilst I get hustled in the bazaar looking for some pollen.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Stopped for a pint with the Mrs on the way home, then the lad popped in to inform us of his plans for the weekend. So I had another. Food seemed like a good idea so told the girl to join us and I had a lovely lamb and spinach curry and some more beer. Very good start to the weekend.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stopped for a pint with the Mrs on the way home, then the lad popped in to inform us of his plans for the weekend. So I had another. Food seemed like a good idea so told the girl to join us and I had a lovely lamb and spinach curry and some more beer. Very good start to the weekend.

Sounds perfetto V68. :D
  • Garry H
    What bike thing should I buy next?
  • hopkinb
    Carbon deep section wheels. Or a headset bung. Or eTap.
  • Garry H
    hopkinb wrote:

I'm ok with headsets thanks :D

I feel that it needs to be winter specific. The bling wheels can wait until spring. I'm sorted for lights and jackets though.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Garry H wrote:
    What bike thing should I buy next?
    CX bike. Not a comfy adventure bike, a racy CX.
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:

We just sell to those places. Sorting the banking is the most fun as outfits like Hoppys crap their pants if you try to put the money into their accounts
  • hopkinb
    Garry H wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

I feel that it needs to be winter specific. The bling wheels can wait until spring. I'm sorted for lights and jackets though.

Some very stylish yet warm merino winter socks.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

jKdeu.jpg

A set of these perhaps for the snow and ice headed your way soon?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Garry H
    hopkinb wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Dull and I'm not Ianto Barker. V's suggestion is better. Have been drawn to the Pickenflick, but put off by lack of mudguard bosses
  • hopkinb
    Oooh. I gotta pickenflick. I also got raceblade pro xl. Planet X now do Ti bikes with mudguard bosses, but all the new bikes are at least £400 more than the pickenflick, which seems a lot for ability to fit guards. I ride in every day, rain, storms, whatever with the clip ons. It's fine.

Unlike the stock wheels on the pickenflick, which were shyte. Also the seat post is a piece of scaffolding. And the stem was only 70mm which was weird, and the bars are awful. The frame, fork and the sram rival 22 hydro groupset are a dream though. I got mine in a 20% off all cx bikes sale.
  • Stevo_666
    xeon_cdx_cross_neu2.jpg
  • Garry H
    hopkinb wrote:
    Oooh. I gotta pickenflick. I also got raceblade pro xl. Planet X now do Ti bikes with mudguard bosses, but all the new bikes are at least £400 more than the pickenflick, which seems a lot for ability to fit guards. I ride in every day, rain, storms, whatever with the clip ons. It's fine.

Unlike the stock wheels on the pickenflick, which were shyte. Also the seat post is a piece of scaffolding. And the stem was only 70mm which was weird, and the bars are awful. The frame, fork and the sram rival 22 hydro groupset are a dream though. I got mine in a 20% off all cx bikes sale.
    It's yours that I first saw. What wheels were they?
  • hopkinb
    Prime RP 50 disc brake wheels off wiggle.
  • Garry H
    hopkinb wrote:
    Prime RP 50 disc brake wheels off wiggle.

I meant the ones it came with. Everybody knows about the Primes by now :wink:
  • hopkinb
    Aaaah. I getcha. WTB rims on Selcof hubs. The rear rim cracked after < 1 year. I expect the stock wheels are different now, depending on what they have a glut of in the warehouse. In fact, there's way more choice in how you build up a pickenflick now compared to when I got mine. Planet X will also take a cycle 2 work voucher as part payment.