wednesday the lepage gluon gun lays waste to reality itself

2»

Comments

• Ballysmate wrote:

When I was a kid this was my pride and joy. Had loads of guns.

8-15-928151.jpg

A SLR with reloadsble mag that fired plastic bullets.

Ha i remember those,they were made by Airfix my mate had one and they were great fun.

attachment.php?attachmentid=69937&d=1455389021
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I had a Lee Enfield and a Thompson Sub MG.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I had a cap gun. Where you fed those pink strips of paper caps into the revolver bit and through the hammer, which would strike the caps and pull the strip through. I soon discovered that a strip of caps torn up in a box of England's Glory would make for a great genie. I assume everyone used to genie boxes of matches?
  • Garry H
    And a "black widow" catapult. Remember them?

Who remembers spangles?
  • Garry H wrote:

Oooh MK3 Enfield,suit you sir that's another powerful weapon,like the SLR and the Bren.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Garry H wrote:
    And a "black widow" catapult. Remember them?

Who remembers spangles?

Yep. With the wrist guard.

Nope. Sounds rude though.
  • Garry H
    I think they were sweets. Before my time though.

Let's all be peter kay and make jokes about remembering stuff.
  • Garry H
    Garry H wrote:

Oooh MK3 Enfield,suit you sir that's another powerful weapon,like the SLR and the Bren.

With actual bolt action! It even ejected the cartridge from the breech.
  • Garry H wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

With actual bolt action! It even ejected the cartridge from the breech.

Now that is nice,i remember being at a birthday party when an SLR was errr available and i took hold of it with a full mag and took down all the birthday cards and toys in the room,it was amazing for me but the parents were not amused and the weapon was confiscated and lot's of shouting ensued,it was worth it though.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    hopkinb wrote:
    I had a cap gun. Where you fed those pink strips of paper caps into the revolver bit and through the hammer, which would strike the caps and pull the strip through. I soon discovered that a strip of caps torn up in a box of England's Glory would make for a great genie. I assume everyone used to genie boxes of matches?

The next generation caps were little red or yellow plastic cup shape things. I had a spud gun with those yellow caps (very loud but a bit feeble with the spud pellet). I once took some 'pot shots' at Colin Calderwood (Scotland and Tottenham defender) before he left school. He thought it was a gat gun. I forgot all about the incident until the first day of term. He was a big bloke.

Years later, there was that 'Over the Moon' footie programme with Baddiel and Skinner and Colin C was on reflecting on his career and I managed to get on the phone in. My story was that he had me to thank for his whole career as I didn't take an eye out. it raised a few laughs.#

Serendipity or coincidence or whateverthefook. When I wrapped up the can recycling, we sold 28 x 1100 litre wheelie bins to... an 'Amanda' Calderwood! Yep, Colin's wife of all people. I had a great chat with her on the phone. Colin was my 'neighbour' but one. It's rural, he lived about 300 yards away.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    I always wAnted a flick knife. Paul the scouser said he could get me one, but never did. Paul was full of sh!t.
  • Garry H wrote:
    I always wAnted a flick knife. Paul the scouser said he could get me one, but never did. Paul was full of sh!t.

lol,me too but i ended up with a flick comb instead,i spent alot of time looking in the mirror at how hard i was.
  • Garry H
    Garry H wrote:

lol,me too but i ended up with a flick comb instead,i spent alot of time looking in the mirror at how hard i was.
    He he. Had one as well!

As for the second half of that sentence; this isn't the place for that kinda stuff!
  • Garry H wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

He he. Had one as well!

As for the second half of that sentence; this isn't the place for that kinda stuff!

:wink:
  • Anyone else watching Hot Fuzz?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    edited September 2017
    Garry H wrote:

Me too and me too. I swapped my flick comb for a Erika Eleniak (Baywatch) Playboy.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Anyone else watching Hot Fuzz?
    I prefer the sort of films where they shave beforehand.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]