Spectacle modification

heavymental
heavymental Posts: 2,076
edited September 2017 in Workshop
Nowt to do with bikes but wondered if anyone knew somewhere that would do a little light metal work and respray a pair of specs for me? I always have trouble finding the right specs because I have quite a small face (no laughing at the back) so only a couple of frames fit me without looking too big. Found a pair in the boots kids section but they have a football design on them! Wanted them stripped and repainted. Have asked a local jeweler with no luck and can't find such a service online.

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    What might be good for the spraying part is an artist that has and is handy with an airbrush. Search for custom airbrushing on google and find someone to talk to and send a pic or two to.

I assume the "light metal work" part is some other modification work needed?
  • mfin wrote:
    What might be good for the spraying part is an artist that has and is handy with an airbrush. Search for custom airbrushing on google and find someone to talk to and send a pic or two to.

I assume the "light metal work" part is some other modification work needed?

Good idea yes probably needs airbrushing. Considered doing it myself with a spraycan but would probably end in tears.

Metalwork yes maybe just grind down slightly as there's some stamped design on the arms.