Pike compression damper rattling and not working

sandy771
sandy771 Posts: 368
edited September 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
There is a very distinct rattle from my compression knob, actually the larger climb/trial/descent knob, when I ride.

I can remove the compression knob and tighten the nut that it hides which gets rid of the rattle, but when I do this the compression adjuster on my Pike won't turn, i.e. I can't change the compression setting or switch from climb to descent etc.

Not sure what I can do but grateful for any tips about how to sort this.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Photo's? I'm not familiar with that damper, sounds like that nut needs to be just nipped up (possibly loctited) so stop the rattle and not compress the o-ring so much you can't turn the shaft, much like the gland nut on a tap!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks

I'll take some photos when I get a sec.the nipped up thing and it's either too tight or rattles :(
  • Is it an rct3 or rc pike? If it has high and low compression adjust on the top then it's rct3, this will make a difference as to the proper fix.