Retro rubber pedals

rumbataz
rumbataz Posts: 796
edited September 2017 in Commuting general
I'm looking for a set of pedals that are very old school and of the flat rubber variety. My cruiser bike already has an okay set of pedals but they're a bit small and only the edges are rubberised.

I want to replace them with a large platform rubber pedal set that will enable me to ride my bike with any pair of shoes, even smooth-soled ones, without making any marks on the soles of the shoes.

There don't seem to be many rubber pedals around these days. I don't want something cheap and nasty for a fiver. I'm looking for something that is decent quality. Price and weight don't matter. Needs to be 9/16 inch fit.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    They are really sh1t.
    I've swapped some on my new (old) commuter for some V8s I had lying around.
    They were horrible in the dry, I wasn't going to wait for a wet ride.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • What was wrong with them?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Slippery, good luck keeping your feet on them in the wet.

On my town hack bike I use CREE8 plastic pedals with plastic pins, ample grip from the pedal for the use whichever shoes I wear (except leather sole!) and doesn't mark or damage the sole at all, available in a range of colours as well.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.