Fitting 28mm on Fuji Roubaix 3.0LE

Spinngrind90
Spinngrind90 Posts: 7
edited September 2017 in Workshop
I currently own a Fuji Roubaix 3.0 LE 2017 model purchased in January. I have about 1100 miles racked up. Those miles have been on crappy Michigan roads. One thing that I have noticed is how harsh of a ride my 25mm Gatorskins are. I am staying relaxed when going over bumps but it feels awful. When I ride with other people they tend to ride and 28mm and it seems like they just glide over the cracks and bumps. Are there any brands that I would be able to fit 28mm tires on both front and rear that have the puncture resistance of Gatorskins? One of the Mangers at performance Bike said Gatorskin 28's wont fit on the rear but will fit on the front. Is there anyone here that can tell me that is a fact? Or have life experience that will contradict the statement of the manager; and you are currently riding with a full set of "Plush" 28mm on your Fuji Roubaix?

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    Can't you ask one of your riding buddies if you can trial fit one of their 28c wheel/tires in your frame? Also consider using tires with a higher T.P.I. thread count with latex inner tubes and experiment with your tire pressures.
  • DJ58 wrote:
    Can't you ask one of your riding buddies if you can trial fit one of their 28c wheel/tires in your frame? Also consider using tires with a higher T.P.I. thread count with latex inner tubes and experiment with your tire pressures.
    I never thought about that. Thank you for the idea!