ultegra r8000 rear mech

scarthie99
scarthie99 Posts: 209
edited January 2018 in Workshop
have problem fitting shimano ultegra r8000 11 speed rear mech to my cube attain road bike the chain is rubbing the frame when fitting the rear mech and setting high adjustment plus i can not take the rear wheel off i put new mech hanger no joy it a gs any info please

Comments

• scarthie99 wrote:
    have problem fitting shimano ultegra r8000 11 speed rear mech to my cube attain road bike the chain is rubbing the frame when fitting the rear mech and setting high adjustment plus i can not take the rear wheel off i put new mech hanger no joy it a gs any info please

The new rear mechs are quite a bit different to traditional road derailleurs. If you've not already done so, best to use this as a guide -

http://si.shimano.com/pdfs/dm/DM-RARD001-03-ENG.pdf

Applies to both R9100 and R8000 rear derailleurs. Hope it helps
    Scott Addict RC
    Scott Foil Premium
    Trek Emonda Disc
    Scott Solace 10
  • Just to update on the above problem for anyone searching to solve an R8000 rear mech issue like this, it's more than likely that the mech has been bolted on in the wrong position.
    The mech has two lugs moulded into the casing and these fit nicely either side of the lug on the hanger. This looks how it should seat but its wrong , refer to the manual linked above and fit the mech correctly. This will then seat the mech at the correct angle allowing the chain to fit properly when cut at the correct size. .