Topeak pump rebuild kit

rumbataz
rumbataz Posts: 796
edited September 2017 in Workshop
I've got a Topeak Joe Blow Sport floor pump that's been used for quite a few years now. I've seen a rebuild kit for it that contains some washers and adapters. Has anyone used one of these pump rebuild kits? If so, do they work well in extending the life of the pump?

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Is the old pump knackered or are you doing preventive / planned maintenance on it? Mine just refuses to die. The only thing that's less than factory fresh is the base plate. Might take it off and respray it with Hammerite...
  • Not knackered but harder to fit onto the valve and pump up than it used to. It became completely knackered 2-3 years ago and I took it apart and cleaned up all the washers and reassembled it. It has worked very well since. But lately it's not as good as it was. In total I've had it for six years now.

I figured for 3-4 quid I may be able to get a few more years out of it with the rebuild kit.

It's a fantastic pump and great value for money. If I did replace it then I'd just replace it with another Joe Blow. I'm having to use both end adapters now as one of my bikes uses Schrader valves.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I bought the rebuilt kit, which included the pump head. Assuming the mechanical aspects are all ok, the only thing you really need to change are the rubber washers..