Rear shock i2i questions

Gingersaurus
Gingersaurus Posts: 466
edited September 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys,

I have had a shock replaced under warranty but I believe it has a shorter i2i than the original and I'm hitting my pedals on rocks.

I'm looking at upgrading but just want to check I can put a longer i2i shock on with the same stroke and keep the same travel but raise the bb a tad?

Cheers

Chris

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You need to put the right shock length on. Check the bike specs.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    And the bike is?
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Sorry, it's a 2013 Marin Mount vision. I've already put longer forks on it which has slackened the head angle.

I got the shock replaced under warranty and they must have sent me a shorter one as the cranks are hitting and they weren't before
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    The simple answer is no.

Why not check with whoever 'they' are. Unlikely they sent you the wrong size but who knows.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Unless it has a shorter stroke it's likely the tyre will buzz the frame on full compression, check that by letting all the air out.

Erm, you have set the sag since you got it back? Or are you running much deeper into the travel as its under pressurised?

What was the issue with the old shock?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.