10s cassette replacement, what should I get ?

cpper
cpper Posts: 42
edited September 2017 in MTB buying advice
I need to replace my cassette and am looking for a new (3x)10 speed cassette. Now I'm running a SRAM PG1020 which works fine for me. I have a budget of maximum 60 euro.

I looked on different stores and it looks like I have many options. I tried to find and read comparisons before different cassettes but have barely found any useful info.
This are my options, I made a small chart where the average price of the cassette is also displayed :

mCdpUpY.png

Do you guys have any experience with any of these ? What would you recommend me ?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Any of them will work just fine, if you are sticking to running 3x10 then I'd stick with an 11:36, if you wanted to go to 1x10 then it would be worth getting a wider range one.

The more expensive ones will tend to be lighter and have a better coating giving improved protection.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    do you get long, short, medium, semi long, and massive derailleurs in MTB world like in the road world .... can one jump from 36 to 42 teeth without checking the derailleur ?
  • cpper
    cpper Posts: 42
    yeah I'm gonna probably go with 11-36t. Now I have to randomly pick one :D Are these all the same quality and material, or do I 'get what I pay for' ?
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Shimano SLX is £29 from CRC.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    XT. ....