Shimano Saint Brakes

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
edited September 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Reading about Shimano Saint Brakes it says they are One-way bleed for easy and clean servicing, does this mean you can only bleed them in one direction and if so is it from the bottom or the top ?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Fluid in at the top via the funnel, bleed out the bottom. Read the Shimano techdocs from there website.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Hi All.

Asked the same question of Shimano UK and they finally got round to answering.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your message and sorry for the slow reply.

This refers to the fact the system can be bled by pushing the fluid from the calliper end to the lever and does not need to be pulled back through. This process should be carried out by a trained mechanic to ensure the bleed is carried out correctly.

Kind regards,
    Shimano UK
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    That's useful....

Easy job and unless you're a monkey, I wouldn't worry about training.

I'd just get a kit from Epic and follow their directions.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • All shimano disc brakes are designed to be bled from the caliper to the lever. Since 2004 I believe. Once you push fluid thru you close off the caliper end and top off the reservoir at the lever by pumping the lever with the funnel attached and filled with mineral oil.