Jamis Renegade Elite 2017

dj58
dj58 Posts: 2,222
edited September 2017 in Road buying advice
Does anyone on here own one, if so what are your impressions of it, particularly the ride quality and handling?

Comments

• gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I have the 2016 model, it is a beast. Thoroughly recommended. It is a fast responsive bike, which rides really well over bad surfaces. Its handling is not as precise as my Supersix but it is not far off, it is truly an incredible bike. I would buy another.

Surprised you can buy one, I thought they were not available in 2017.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • dj58
    Thanks gabriel959, They only seem to be available through Evans Cycles in the UK. What size tyres are you using and have you ever fitted mudguards, if so what brand?

Thank you in advance
    David
  • It's a shame they stopped doing the 105 specced version, it seemed like a real bargain at around £1500 I think it was. I was considering this a couple of years ago, but the stock took ages to get into Evans, so went with something else (which I regret now).
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    It is indeed, that is the one I have. I paid just over a grand for mine, as I get vouchers to work so got 15% off of the already discounted price. Bargain of the century I think.

I am using Continental 4 Seasons in 32mm guise which are excellent for all weather riding. I took it out for a 68 mile ride yesterday with the club and it was flawless, I was at the front a good part of the ride too. It is not as light or responsive as my Supersix but I did pretty well on it. Average speed was 17.5 mph and it was mainly crosswind most of the time.

Mudguards, I couldn't install SKS Chromoplastics as they didn't reach far enough so had to go for Bontrager NCS which are excellent too and very easy to install. I prefer them to the SKS although some people say they don't last as long.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • dj58
    Thanks for the feedback gabriel959.