Budget saddle bag for brooks b17

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
edited September 2017 in Road buying advice
Normally I carry spares tubes etc in a drinking bottle - and mount a rear light on the b17.

However I have a hundred miler coming up and figure I will need 2 drinks bottles - so the light will have to go - and I will need to put tubes etc in a small saddle bag - any recommendation for the B17 ?

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Pretty sure PX had some bargain saddle bags the other week. All kinds of retro designs ?
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Fenix wrote:
    Pretty sure PX had some bargain saddle bags the other week. All kinds of retro designs ?

cheers will check that out. not to fussed about retro looks - its a CF bike with deep sections wheels ! - due to a hip hamstring problem the brooks was the only saddle I could get comfy on.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Well I went full retro for my longer rides and have a Carradice Barley on the B17 on my winter bike. Not sure I'd describe it as a budget bag though. And the way it dangles means the loop is useless for clipping a light to; it would be pointing down at the road.

Think if I was starting again I'd fit the rack I bought 7 years ago, mount the rear light to that and have a rack top bag of some kind..

None of which helps you very much