5 Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil (Spa) Movistar Team 0:01:06
    6 Alessandro De Marchi (Ita) BMC Racing Team 0:01:19
    7 Matteo Trentin (Ita) Quick-Step Floors 0:01:21
    8 Sergio Pardilla Bellon (Spa) Caja Rural-Seguros RGA 0:01:21
    9 Antwan Tolhoek (Ned) Team LottoNL-Jumbo 0:01:38
    10 Anthony Roux (Fra) FDJ 0:01:42
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Hang on, I thought Froome was ill? Maybe some people on here don't know as much as they think they do! :lol:

Nibali loses 20 seconds to Froome
  • Nibali more carp than shark today

He's not a happy sole
  • BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    edited September 2017
    fc7e61a1b2a5f2b6a1011050bc537e9b29ecfa12a1d60897f7bd013d57e99e23.jpg
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Nibali more carp than shark today

HAHAH Gudgeon!
  • *giggles*
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,640
    1 FROOME Christopher TEAM SKY 72h 03' 50''
    2 NIBALI Vincenzo BAHRAIN - MERIDA 72h 05' 27'' + 01' 37''
    3 KELDERMAN Wilco TEAM SUNWEB 72h 06' 07'' + 02' 17''
    4 ZAKARIN Ilnur TEAM KATUSHA ALPECIN 72h 06' 19'' + 02' 29''
    5 CONTADOR Alberto TREK - SEGAFREDO 72h 07' 24'' + 03' 34''
    6 LOPEZ MORENO Miguel Angel ASTANA PRO TEAM 72h 09' 06'' + 05' 16''
    7 WOODS Michael CANNONDALE DRAPAC PROFESSIONAL CYCLING TEAM 72h 10' 23'' + 06' 33''
    8 ARU Fabio ASTANA PRO TEAM 72h 10' 23'' + 06' 33''
    9 POELS Wout TEAM SKY 72h 10' 37'' + 06' 47''
    10 KRUIJSWIJK Steven TEAM LOTTO NL - JUMBO 72h 14' 16'' + 10' 26''
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,640
    GC stage results

20 ARU Fabio ASTANA PRO TEAM 04h 19' 35'' + 09' 56''
    21 CONTADOR Alberto TREK - SEGAFREDO 04h 19' 47'' + 10' 08''
    22 WOODS Michael CANNONDALE DRAPAC PROFESSIONAL CYCLING TEAM 04h 19' 47'' + 10' 08''
    23 FROOME Christopher TEAM SKY 04h 19' 47'' + 10' 08''
    24 KELDERMAN Wilco TEAM SUNWEB 04h 19' 51'' + 10' 12''
    25 ZAKARIN Ilnur TEAM KATUSHA ALPECIN 04h 19' 51'' + 10' 12''
    26 POELS Wout TEAM SKY 04h 19' 54'' + 10' 15''
    27 KRUIJSWIJK Steven TEAM LOTTO NL - JUMBO 04h 20' 00'' + 10' 21''
    28 NIBALI Vincenzo BAHRAIN - MERIDA 04h 20' 08'' + 10' 29''
    29 DE LA CRUZ MELGAREJO David QUICK - STEP FLOORS 04h 20' 08'' + 10' 29''
    30 MEINTJES Louis UAE TEAM EMIRATES 04h 20' 16'' + 10' 37''
    31 LOPEZ MORENO Miguel Angel ASTANA PRO TEAM 04h 20' 24'' + 10' 45''
    32 EIKING Odd Christian FDJ 04h 20' 29'' + 10' 50''
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    I always think Sander Armee is the name of the French army team.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    I said yesterday I felt Nibbles went deeper than Froome combined with the TT. No one believed me ;) I think judging on that he did.

Hopefully the reverse hasn't happened with Froome now.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Or a character from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series of books
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    RichN95 wrote:
    Or a character from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series of books

Or DIY SOS
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    twist83 wrote:
    I said yesterday I felt Nibbles went deeper than Froome combined with the TT. No one believed me ;) I think judging on that he did.

I said yesterday that I didn't think Froome had been struggling all that much and had made a misjudgement (possibly the climb not being quite as tough as anticipated). Then again this whole race seems to have been Froome losing time one day and then gaining some / all / more back the next.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    woet poels at 06' 47'' given the amount of work he has done is pretty impressive... needs a bit of top end to step up.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    woet poels at 06' 47'' given the amount of work he has done is pretty impressive... needs a bit of top end to step up.

He lost most of that in the first few days too. From memory he was nowhere on the first couple of climbs when Moscon was the main support rider.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734

Says himself he finds the responsibility of leading burdensome.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864

yeah it cant be easy.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • twist83 wrote:

I think all the contenders emptied the tank yesterday and the day before. Bad days happen in cycling we are talking quite fine margins at the top level. Today might just have been the kind of finish that suits Froome too, on a longer climb maybe Nibali would have done better, who knows?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Fun stage that. Good GT so far!

Nibali's eyes are very close together aren't they.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Fun stage that. Good GT so far!

Nibali's eyes are very close together aren't they.

I don't know, there's a b, an a and an l in-between them?
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Fun stage to watch that :)
  • woet poels at 06' 47'' given the amount of work he has done is pretty impressive... needs a bit of top end to step up.

same tbh
  • fantastic finish today, as it was yesterday, such good value for the viewer on what looked a mundane parcours.
    Saturday will be immense.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Bo Duke wrote:
    I have a question for you maestros:

Who red lined most in the combined TT stage 16 and yesterday's brutal stage 17?

Berti and Nibbes pushed the boat out on both days - have they tired themselves more than Froome?

Is it possible that in pulling those 42 seconds back on Froome after a massive TT than Nibbles struggled to get out of bed this morning? Maybe Froome will be in better shape, can Nibbles put in another massive performance, the third in a row to take time off Froome or will Froome steal a few back? Think of the combined effort of 16 and 17 and not just 17 in isolation.

Hello everyone... remember my Page 1 question..... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • Bo Duke wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

Berti and Nibbes pushed the boat out on both days - have they tired themselves more than Froome?

Is it possible that in pulling those 42 seconds back on Froome after a massive TT than Nibbles struggled to get out of bed this morning? Maybe Froome will be in better shape, can Nibbles put in another massive performance, the third in a row to take time off Froome or will Froome steal a few back? Think of the combined effort of 16 and 17 and not just 17 in isolation.

Is it 'Will the planet survive the age of Trump'?
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058

It's the first time in my life I'd actually welcome being invaded by Darleks.....
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Bo Duke wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

xea0h.jpg
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Watched the ITV4 highlights last night. Did I lose out to the lack of HD quality by seeing Froome riding along in the Sky train with a tissue blowing his nose in the clips they show after the race has finished, but before his interview? Or was he just eating something wrapped in white? I saw it, then expected Imlach to comment about him havnig a cold or something, but nothing was said. Like I say, could just be the poor picture quality misleading, but it seemed like an odd clip to choose to play if we weren't expected to notice anything.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)