while (mood == in)
    cafe
    wfh
shopping
relax(merlot)
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Ciao

Just getting cycling clothes on - was going to use N1 bike but looking out of the window, perhaps not. N2 or CX methinks.

Then off to work, get some brake cables at some point, finish off the Madone, post pictures for dude on Dirk thread, chilllllllll out..

Nice.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Just started raining again.

This sucks.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,730
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to court I go...in a little bit. Quite like these 10/10.30 starts :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to court I go...in a little bit. Quite like these 10/10.30 starts :)

Come on my son!!
    Send another down.
  • Morning , raining here again, builders have just arrived and require tea, I might go and watch the tour of Britain this afternoon
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Come on my son!!
    Send another down.
    Just putting on my Judge Dredd outfit...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    cycled to work in the manner of Bertie today .... flipping knackered now ... but the forays in to the red, the manic bouncing on the pedals .. its the only way to get the single speed in over the hills !
  • First day back at school for the boy today, means I have to set off 15 minutes earlier to arrive at work at the same time.

Damn kids...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Nice ride in, I do like this time of year.

Otherwise, nothing to report. Mundane normality from start to finish today.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,364
    I found a bicycle in the garage and actually rode it today, should do that more often. Park shut which is mildly tedious, more irritating for the deer that get shot I suspect. Had a busy start to the day and have only managed one cup of tea so far. Need to get this fixed soon. Have to work until 5.30 today as I'm starting late tomorrow to take female child to school. I do believe I will be going to the pub later as it's Wednesday.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,887
    Been looking at new bikes and I have enjoyed it
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Park shut which is mildly tedious, more irritating for the deer that get shot I suspect.
    There were loads of them milling about in the road yesterday, maybe they reckon they're less likely to be shot if they hang out on the road. There was a magnificent stag at the foot of Broomfield Hill, just standing there about 5 metres back from the edge of the road, looking well 'ard.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Grimacing face needed when you have the helmet on to complete the look.

McNing, grey start today. Driving in seems many people forgot how to drive with three roads closed due to accidents.
    Anyway. Coffee, pretend to work, play with dog, lunch, more faux work an home.

TLW, new bike browsing is always nice, I kept getting tempted as the paintwork on my frame has started coming off.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Do tell - roadie or MTB?
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

And shouting 'I am the law!' at regular intervals.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,589
    just received this in an email...
    We have a parcel for you containing a winning Cheque worth the sum of Six Million Four Hundred And Eighty Thousand United State Dollars ($6,480,000USD) and also an Apple MacBook Pro and the new Apple iPhone (7) 256GB mobile phone added to your package...

woohoo!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,887
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Do tell - roadie or MTB?

Road

Would make it 5 vs 3 with road winning
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    just received this in an email...
    We have a parcel for you containing a winning Cheque worth the sum of Six Million Four Hundred And Eighty Thousand United State Dollars ($6,480,000USD) and also an Apple MacBook Pro and the new Apple iPhone (7) 256GB mobile phone added to your package...

woohoo!

Nice. Lend us a tenner?
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Park shut which is mildly tedious, more irritating for the deer that get shot I suspect.
    There were loads of them milling about in the road yesterday, maybe they reckon they're less likely to be shot if they hang out on the road. There was a magnificent stag at the foot of Broomfield Hill, just standing there about 5 metres back from the edge of the road, looking well 'ard.
    Bushy Park, not Richmond at the moment, think they do Richmond once they've shot enough in Bushy. Not sure why it takes them a month.
    Yes, lots hanging around near the road between Richmond and Kingston gates as well. Constantly get some phucktard stopping in the road to gawp at them. Seen quite a few people getting very close trying to get pictures, they might not want to do that to the stags in a month or so when they only have one thing on their minds. One of my favourite sightings was a rather portly photographer running away from a very large stag that had clearly had enough of him one October morning. Would have looked even more impressive with a fat bloke and his long lens adorning his antlers. Love the attitude of the big stags, saw one standing in the middle of the road once looking at the cars as if to say "you lot can all phuck off, I'm really big and have pointy things on my head."
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,457
    The 7 'P's. Slightly better than the 6 'P's: Professional planning prevents pi$$ poor performance and all that bollox.

Meh me. Sun has popped out. Trying my best to find some things to do and remain optimistic. Maybe i'll even get a parcel with car bits to finish off ;pimping my ride up.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

And give out offences to people at random.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Do tell - roadie or MTB?

Road

MTBs are 3-1 up in my house :)
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

And give out offences to people at random.
    I try to give offence whenever I can. This place is good practice.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    2:1 in favour of MTB for me, but the Marin is suffering the indignity of being my shopping and pub hack. Anyway the Kinesis isn't a full on road bike, it has some aspirations. As a household girly shopping bikes tie with the MTBs at 3 apiece.
  • Right, listen in.

The way this organisation works is like this:

You need something. We give it to you to use. If you break it or it wears out while using it just tell us when you give it back and we'll sort it - no recriminations. We're quite a big organisation, our budget is quite large. We can afford a couple of quid.

So why oh why oh why oh why have I just checked a load of stuff only to find it dirty, broken covered in muck, worn out. If it breaks or wears out just tell me, if it's dirty just clean it - it'll take minutes.

FFS, I despair. And this happens every time and of course, oh no, it wasn't me. The bastards.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    2:1 in favour of MTB for me, but the Marin is suffering the indignity of being my shopping and pub hack. Anyway the Kinesis isn't a full on road bike, it has some aspirations. As a household girly shopping bikes tie with the MTBs at 3 apiece.

5-2 in favour of road here. Haven't counted cx bike in that as it could fall in either camp depending on what tyres it hasn't on or the TT bike as it isn't built yet.

And you wonder why I need to clear this junk out of my life.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Veronese, whats the Kenisis like? I'm after a frameset to make a winter do most things bike.
  • Step83 wrote:
    Veronese, whats the Kenisis like? I'm after a frameset to make a winter do most things bike.

Pickenflick like H3 and his Wonderful Wheels of Power and Joy?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Actually it's 5-1 to the fun bikes if you count the two bikes in the shed that my kid used to ride and we forgot to get shot of.
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    It's really very green. I like it a lot. It's not a comfortable frame, but with 32mm tyres that's really not an issue. I've had 42mm off road tyres on, bit too much of a squeeze, but shows how much versatility there is. If I only had one bike that would be it. The only thing I'd change is proper full hydraulic brakes rather than the Parabox thing I have, but they weren't available when I built it.