Difference between Perfetto SS, and Perfetto 2 SS?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited September 2017 in Road buying advice
Anyone know what the difference might be between these jerseys? I currently have a mk1 in medium which is a great fit, but have ordered a mk2 in a different colourway. The rear looks quite different but apart from that is the sizing the same between versions?
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Luv2ride wrote:
    Anyone know what the difference might be between these jerseys? I currently have a mk1 in medium which is a great fit, but have ordered a mk2 in a different colourway. The rear looks quite different but apart from that is the sizing the same between versions?

So, to answer my own post in case any others were also contemplating replacing their mk1 Perfetto with a mk2, the main difference is indeed at the rear, though there is also a modest change to the front:

Mk1 - top trim of rear pockets are reflective as well as the trim at the bottom hem. Red netting at bottom of pockets to let water out. Drop tail (or "Bum flap") is same colour as front of jersey (rest of the back is black Nanoflex), and is also made from the same windstopper 150 material as the front for better water resistance.

Mk2- only reflective on the rear is now the Castelli writing on the drop tail (which also seems to extend less than the mk1). Pockets have a single metal-rimmed drain hole at the bottom, a la Gabba mk1. The entire back of the mk2 is black Nanoflex, apart from the shoulders. The rear (inc drop tail) is now similar in design to the Alpha jersey, so possibly a little more stretch and more forgiving than the mk1. I think the sleeves are slightly shorter than the mk1. On the front there is now a thin transfer of contrasting colour bonded to the material across the chest. Unfortunately if a tight fit, this stretches and actually looks as if the transfer might fail and lift over time. Looks great in the publicity pics, less so in real life IMHO.

Overall I'd say the fit might be slightly more snug than the mk1, which was already tight fitting. Given the stretchy material though, and the Alpha-esque drop tail and waist, fit is still good. That transfer on the front does let it down a little in my view (or maybe i should really go for one in large!)....

Anyway, now you know :wink:

EDIT: decided to keep the mk2 so first use today given forecast was for regular showers. Hadn't used my mk1 for a while so had forgotten just how good the Perfetto Light is. Brilliantly versatile with arm warmers. I run hot so I find this much better than the Gabba or (non-Light Perfetto). Reckon I might keep both my hi-viz mk1 (with better reflectives) for evening/night rides, and this mk2 for everything else...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...