Where online lets the side down...

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
Just seems a bit peculiar to me that an online e-sports platform is developed so that racing can done on a computer simulator for want of a better term.
Then someone slightly faceless organization then thinks it is a good idea.hype.pr to set up an e-sports competition and then 'bus' in riders from half way across the world by business class......
Yes I am discussing the Zwift platform although, afaik, you cant place the blame on Zwift for allowing others to self promote but ignoring the environmental aspect.

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    It's a business.

It's developing it's offering and increasing it's market share.

And your focusing on a few business class flights?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • jgsi
    I didnt get an invite ....
    Just to be clear though, 'they' are using Zwift's platform... not Zwift themselves.
    I'm only making an unsubtle point, forgive me...
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Environmental aspect ? Most cycling fans follow pro cycling. Flights all across the globe. Racing round the country with cars and Motos following them. It's not green at the top.

By comparison this email racing malarky is much better.
  • jgsi
    I'm a convert, what's good for business... to be fair to email race , you still have to jet set to sit on a turbo trainer in a velodrome in Paris. it's good business.
  • Not sure what your point is? You mean flying in riders when the platform is designed so that people anywhere in the world can ride together? Or something else?