Campagnolo Zonda C17 vs. Pro Lite Bracciano A42

nicleza
nicleza Posts: 30
edited September 2017 in Road buying advice
Hey.

I am about to upgrade my stock wheels (Shimano RS10) that came with my bike and have been searching the internet for a pair of wheels that would suit me and my bike. I also intend to upgrade the cassette, chain and tires at the same time.
Its mostly flat where I live but some hills here and there, but no mountains. I weigh in around 55 kg and I am looking to improve my average speed but I will consider other things that can improve as well, like comfort, handling, life length and of course price.
Please guide me through my first wheels purchase and tell me what you liked or disliked with any of these two good looking wheelsets.

Let the battle begin!

Comments

• timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Get the Zondas. They're almost certainly lighter, have wider rims so will give lower rolling resistance, and at 55kg you risk getting blown about on the rather old fashioned 42mm rims of the Pro Lites.

I think I'd only recommend the Pro Lites if you were 85kg plus, they are very strong but in other respects are quite an old fashioned design.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Zondas
  • TimothyW wrote:
    Get the Zondas. They're almost certainly lighter, have wider rims so will give lower rolling resistance, and at 55kg you risk getting blown about on the rather old fashioned 42mm rims of the Pro Lites.

I think I'd only recommend the Pro Lites if you were 85kg plus, they are very strong but in other respects are quite an old fashioned design.

I have also thought about the wind and been a bit worried about that. Safety first, Zondas it is, now I hopefully get faster in the hills :)
  • RyanB
    RyanB Posts: 116
    Get the Zondas.
    I weigh approx 63kgs. I've had Campag Eurus, Khamsins and Zondas (as well as many other brands). The only set I still own are the Zondas.
    Ultra reliable, bombproof, never needed touched, minimum fuss. I love them.
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    I had a similar dilemma recently and ended up with a set of Hunt wheels, review very well, decent company to contact, very competitive pricing. Something like:

https://www.huntbikewheels.com/collecti ... eep-22wide

Would suit you on both counts I'd assume?
  • Toasty wrote:
    I had a similar dilemma recently and ended up with a set of Hunt wheels, review very well, decent company to contact, very competitive pricing. Something like:

https://www.huntbikewheels.com/collecti ... eep-22wide

Would suit you on both counts I'd assume?

Thats one interesting wheel set. Less weight than the Zondas and in the same price range.
    What do you think about them? How do they feel on the road, speed and so on :)
    Tough decision, have already thought about it for a couple of weeks.
  • Zonda's use better hubs in very way and the wheels are quite well built. If I had to make that choice it would be easy.

The Hunt wheels use the same hub internal if not the same hub as the Pro lites if you where wondering.

buying wheels is not a tough decesion why people think it is i dont know. the recepie is simple you dont need reviews to decide.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Get the zondas, I just bought a set to replace stock wheels and they feel worlds apart different. I'm 63 kg and they feel brilliant, very quiet freehub too, although it's getting noisier each ride :D