Getting hold of Wiggle????

2»

Comments

• thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    ben@31 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Paranoid much. Lots of things are priced differently due to colour. More popular colours sell better.

Does the colour justify a £23 price difference, when the two items are identical in functionality?
    At the moment I'm drinking some coffee. Do black mugs cost £23 more than yellow mugs?
    How about a pair of jeans? Do black jeans cost £23 more than the exact same model in blue?
    https://www.jeanstore.co.uk/mens-jeans. ... 03=1000005

Do you not find selling the same product at two different prices, immoral ?
    Seriously Ben?...this is how a capitalist economy works.
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • Ordered a collection of stuff on next day delivery yesterday for expected delivery date 29/09/2017, however, got an email an hour ago stating it would be delivered 02/10/2017. I think the point of next-day has been missed when it is not even next next day. :roll:

Shame I can't whine about it to them over the phone, seems that they have a webform only system these days!
  • I went to my lbs today, I returned home with what I needed, I will not have to wait in for the next few days for a parcel that may or may not come. I will not have to be exasperated trying to get hold of the retailer, I just ring him and he answers the phone.
  • Daniel B wrote:
    rumbataz wrote:
    Who is Merlin?

1200px-Rolls-Royce_Merlin.jpg

How much do they sell it for and is it 11 spd compatible?
  • Wiggle used to be my first port of call for cycling accessories and components. Now, they're pretty much my last. Expensive and lots of stuff not in stock. The packaging lately has also been a bit odd - almost like one box cut up into the required shape for my items. However, the DPD delivery service has always been good for me at least.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    So if it is perfectly acceptable to charge 2 different prices for what is essentially the same product, just a different colour. Why didn't Wiggle post my question and explain themselves? As I could have been mistaken in thinking they were artificially inflating prices of the most popular option.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    ben@31 wrote:
    As I could have been mistaken in thinking they were artificially inflating prices of the most popular option.

I don't think you're mistaken at all. The surprising thing is that you think that is somehow unusual.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    It happens in lots of places. You might get further with it by asking if it's a mistake as the other is cheaper. Try their online help ?
    But no it's not immoral. If you don't like the price then don't buy it. Buy the cheap one and buy a cheap silicon cover.
  • ben@31
    edited September 2017
    Imposter wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    As I could have been mistaken in thinking they were artificially inflating prices of the most popular option.

I don't think you're mistaken at all. The surprising thing is that you think that is somehow unusual.

It is unusual when I can find the same product sold elsewhere, where every colour is the exact same price.
    Even the Garmin website has different colours at the same price. For example...
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/10714 ... -01039-20#

If you don't like the price then don't buy it. Buy the cheap one and buy a cheap silicon cover.
    I will be buying elsewhere.

However, thats not my original point... Why didn't Wiggle post my question? Especially if you believe there's nothing wrong with their pricing.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    ben@31 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:

It is unusual when I can find the same product sold elsewhere, where every colour is the exact same price.
    Even the Garmin website has different colours at the same price
    If you don't like the price then don't buy it. Buy the cheap one and buy a cheap silicon cover.
    I will just buy elsewhere.

Well done, bet you're glad you got that off your chest.

Next I suggest you sort out world hunger and global warming.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ben@31 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:

Even the Garmin website has different colours at the same price
    I will just buy elsewhere.

SUPPLY and DEMAND.

If an item is sought after, and low in supply, then a company may increase price of said item to increase revenue.

If the item is in high-supply and not sought after, then a company may reduce price of said item in order to offload said stock to minimize loss, which can then be reinvested into new stock or be used to pay off running costs elsewhere.

As you identified, shop around and buy it elsewhere if you believe such practices are immoral. Companies exist in order to make investors or company owners money. By your logic, every company should sell every item at the same price otherwise it may hurt the feelings of their competitors. :lol:

There are other times when companies might increase prices, for example, if the company was making a loss and need to increase revenue, or perhaps if operating costs or sudden or abrupt costs happen. Sometimes it is not even the choice of the company selling the item to you, but somewhere else down the supply chain or the manufacturer increasing their prices or processes or even problems importing said item.
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    Daniel B wrote:
    rumbataz wrote:
    Who is Merlin?

1200px-Rolls-Royce_Merlin.jpg

How much do they sell it for and is it 11 spd compatible?

Looks like it's all complicated and non standard, must be a Campagnolo freehub.
  • ben@31
    cooldad wrote:

Well done, bet you're glad you got that off your chest.

Next I suggest you sort out world hunger and global warming.

Still doesn't explain why I'm banned from questioning the difference in price?

I'm very against world hunger and global warming. However other people on this forum just shrug their shoulders and say that's capitalism for you. Like that makes it acceptable.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You could always emigrate to North Korea. I'm sure Fatboy would stand for nonsense like that.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    ben@31 wrote:
    It doesn't explain why I'm banned from questioning the difference in price?

Probably because it's a daft question and they are doing you a favour by not posting it for everyone to view? :D

It's simple - they openly advertise their prices with nothing hidden - and you are then free to buy whatever item you choose. What part of this is difficult for you to comprehend?
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • Svetty wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:

Probably because it's a daft question and they are doing you a favour by not posting it for everyone to view? :D

It's simple - they openly advertise their prices with nothing hidden - and you are then free to buy whatever item you choose. What part of this is difficult for you to comprehend?
    Perhaps the model is about to be replaced and they loads of the black/yellow to get shot of.
    As discussed, it's an unpopular colour so difficult to shift.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Svetty wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:

Perhaps the model is about to be replaced and they loads of the black/yellow to get shot of.
    As discussed, it's an unpopular colour so difficult to shift.

It is, at least the 235 is about to be replaced. Coincidentally I just paid more for the black and red 235 over the silly coloured one, maybe I should write to them for a refund.

Basically they aren't the exact same product, otherwise they would be the same price...
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    Oi, Black and Yellow Rocks - I have one on my wrist this very second!

Also available on Amazon for £150 currently.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • ben@31
    cooldad wrote:
    You could always emigrate to North Korea. I'm sure Fatboy would stand for nonsense like that.

At least we might be able to afford a house in North Korea :D
    Daniel B wrote:
    Oi, Black and Yellow Rocks - I have one on my wrist this very second!
    Also available on Amazon for £150 currently.

On amazon they have a choice of 3 colours all at £167.
    Or it still works out cheaper to buy the yellow strap version from Wiggle, then buy a replacement strap in the colour of your choice from Amazon.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    ben@31 wrote:

Still doesn't explain why I'm banned from questioning the difference in price?

You're not banned from questioning it. You did question it. But Wiggle has full editorial control over the content of its own website and it's entirely up to them whether they want to feature your question or not.
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    ben@31 wrote:
    Do you not find selling the same product at two different prices, immoral ?
    You know...I was just thinking that I went to Toby Carvery yesterday for lunch, and it cost £5.99 for the carvery option. If I go today for the exact same thing it costs £9.49. Unbelievable.... :shock:
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • bigjim
    bigjim Posts: 780
    Ordered a Brooks saddle off Wiggle for a good price. Paid for with a gift voucher and Paypal. Got emails telling me everything ok and item will be on the way. About four days later I get an email saying the order was cancelled. No explanation. Two days later another email sending me another voucher. Never got an explanation. The saddle is now on sale for an extra £20 plus the remainder of my money that Wiggle credited back to my Paypal account is now stuck in paypal. I won't use them again once I have used the voucher up.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    ben@31 wrote:
    I posted a question on Wiggles website...

"Why is a yellow and black Garmin Forerunner 230, £174.98. Yet if you want a white and black one, exactly the same product apart from the colour of the strap, it costs £197.98 ?"

And for some bizarre reason my question was rejected. Why was this? Something to hide?

Yellow and black!! it's the old livestrong colours - Omertà, somethings cannot be questioned :D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....