wednesday o frabjous day! callooh! callay!

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,644
    Step83 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Are you not allowed crisps in the courtroom?

Only Pringles or McCoys surely, or any loud crisp for that matter, actually could you try the cream cracker challenge three in one minute?

Mcning, no sign of sun or summer here its cold grey an looks like itll rain any given moment. Someone in the office has come in with conjunctivitis so now the managers have gone on some bizarre cleanliness kick which is great fun.
    Some vague form of a plan today other halfs car has started leaking coolant from somewhere so I put a shot of washing up liquid in told her to check for bubbles when she gets to work :lol: I cant trust her with anything more she managed to fill the brake fluid last night, so that was fun!

Anyway coffee an onwards
    It would be extreme if there was a ban on crunchy snacks. A boring courtroom would be considerably more palatable with the aid of some crisps/popcorn.

I'm interested in this 3 cracker challenge, without butter presumably?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,049
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I've just had a customer point out to me that we sell cola scented rim cleaner. WTF!?!
    Why am I slightly aroused?
    Buy some from Veronese and let us know how you get on :twisted:

Is this for use on yours or Mrs. Womble's rims? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,196
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not due in court till 10 but awake so doing a spot of real work to keep up with stuff. Bad news is they don't break for lunch till 1 so the judge will be listening to my guts rumbling later on.
    Are you not allowed crisps in the courtroom?
    I'll buy a kebab for lunch and take it in to see what they say.

Thought you'd been in court before for arson Seano? :wink:

Nah, that was the 'Lines away' anti-wrinkle cream scam.

Beautiful sunny day here. Tinkering, sorting, filing and other silly domestic duties.
    Almost back up to full speed. OH is at work tonight so already planning dinner.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,268
    hopkinb wrote:
    He chortled in his joy. :D Marvellous, makes a change from the physics & sci-fi.

How much annual leave do you get SG? Or are you sufficiently high-up in GMC that annual leave is just a concept, rather than something to adhere to. You've definitely spent at least half the year on a sunbed.

about 6 weeks, plus i can buy extra if i need, i learned also to be ruthless about grabbing back time spent on things like weekend gmc travel/meetings

epic headwind today, over 50kph on the high roads, could've been on for a hyperfast descent on the way back down timanfaya, but some twunt pulled out in front of me so i ended up trundling down at 60ish, the sunbed beckons
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,118
    oxoman wrote:
    TLW1 feel your pain got half marathon in just over 3 wks and not enough fitness at the moment. Hopefully things will improve so I can beat last year's time. Enjoy the horrible grey day.

Other than ending up in hospital, was your training as planned :)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    seanoconn wrote:
    It would be extreme if there was a ban on crunchy snacks. A boring courtroom would be considerably more palatable with the aid of some crisps/popcorn.

I'm interested in this 3 cracker challenge, without butter presumably?

Yes no butter aim to eat all three within a minute, not tried myself but hear its neither easy nor fun.
  • It's less enjoyable than the doughnut challenge, which is to eat a sugarded doughnut without licking your lips. But more enjoyable than that weird 'cinnamon dragon' challenge a couple of years ago.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Young bloke who used to work here tried to eat a box of 12 Krispy Creme doughnuts in 60 mins. He managed 9. He was not well.
  • I once ate a kilogram of steak. After a starter. I'd rather do that again than eat 3 Krispy Cremes in a row.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,644
    hopkinb wrote:
    Young bloke who used to work here tried to eat a box of 12 Krispy Creme doughnuts in 60 mins. He managed 9. He was not well.
    I had 12 in a day once. Krispy Creme is the devils work.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    But more enjoyable than that weird 'cinnamon dragon' challenge a couple of years ago.
    Someone in our place tried that a few months ago. The results were rather amusing :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Feck's happened to the Vuelta on Eurosport now?
  • hopkinb
    Garry H wrote:
    Feck's happened to the Vuelta on Eurosport now?
    Replaced by fecking tennis. I've done a series link on Itv4's programme. It's way better.
  • Garry H
    Just watched it without commentary. Fabbeluss.
  • pinno
    ES player is now classed officially as shyte. Have been listening to Ned and Dave on ITV4 instead but today's stage not available yet. What an effing car crash. Meh.
  • Garry H
    You can watch it on ES without commentary and fast forward to the last 30 K, or whatever. You still get the time gaps and chopper noises.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Pinno wrote:
    ES player is now classed officially as shyte. Have been listening to Ned and Dave on ITV4 instead but today's stage not available yet. What an effing car crash. Meh.
    I watched today's stage on ES player on my IPad. It went off switched to one without the commentary for a minute, then switched back. It was fine.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

I just watched the highlights. I do miss Sean Kelly, mainly cos my attempts to imitate his accent annoy the missus intensely. The standard of commentary and insight on ITV4 is an order of magnitude higher though.
  • pinno
    Webboo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I watched today's stage on ES player on my IPad. It went off switched to one without the commentary for a minute, then switched back. It was fine.

Didn't and don't get many chances to watch it live, so highlights for me and avoiding certain threads. :roll:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    Pinno wrote:
    What time zone you in? ITV4 highlights on at 1900 BST, just watched on record.

British Summer time. Pah. I blame The Stupids aka Leave voters.
  • Stevo_666
    Have I stumbled into Po Face by accident?

I need to cure you lot. Here, have a video of a bloke winning a bike race after losing his chain in the first 30 seconds :)
    https://youtu.be/9B3G2U4O7Kk
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    You can watch it on ES without commentary and fast forward to the last 30 K, or whatever. You still get the time gaps and chopper noises.

Chooper noises, great. What happened to those silly French car horns? You know, "be be be be be be", They were great.
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    What time zone you in? ITV4 highlights on at 1900 BST, just watched on record.

If only the missus wasn't recording soaps. :roll:

I might get another TV and recorder... Dunno where tf I will put it. Perhaps the shed.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I need to cure you lot. Here, have a video of a bloke winning a bike race after losing his chain in the first 30 seconds :)

Yeah great. Have a look at this one. It's much funnier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7f774TNJn4
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yeah great. Have a look at this one. It's much funnier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7f774TNJn4
    Funny, when you Google 'Top 10 road bike crashes', nothing comes up. Even our wipe outs are better :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,118
    oxoman wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    TLW1 feel your pain got half marathon in just over 3 wks and not enough fitness at the moment. Hopefully things will improve so I can beat last year's time. Enjoy the horrible grey day.

Other than ending up in hospital, was your training as planned :)

TLW1 I managed a lap which was about 4 mile shy of what i wanted on my last run, but general lethargy and work have got in the way of proper preparation this year. Given I've supposedly got a small build up of fluid on one lung spotted by the hospital on friday, it's to be expected i suppose. Just keep trying and build up gently so 9min / miles will have to do for now.[/quote]

Better to arrive undertrained than over injured

Many people would love to do 9min miles - I would be ferkin ecstatic if I managed that in the ultra
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Chooper noises, great. What happened to those silly French car horns? You know, "be be be be be be", They were great.
    I think they went out with headbands, Merlin Plage and Cyrille Guimard. Good times.
  • pinno
    What about those silly oversized Oakley Ski glasses. I don't know why but when I think about them, it always reminds me of Andy Hamster.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    What about those silly oversized Oakley Ski glasses. I don't know why but when I think about them, it always reminds me of Andy Hamster.

Oaakley Factory Pilots.

They're back in vogue. None of these silly small glasses that make your eyes go wonky because you can see the frame.

Now then, where did I put my 7 eleven and Motorola jerseys?
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Oaakley Factory Pilots.

They're back in vogue. None of these silly small glasses that make your eyes go wonky because you can see the frame.

Now then, where did I put my 7 eleven and Motorola jerseys?

...and where can we find a hill and someone with a bucket of cotton wool balls or really bad dandruff? If it's not windy, we'll need a hair dryer.

I'll take the pics at the side of the road wearing full cold weather apparel to add authenticity. You be Hamster, i'll be paparazzi.