Why no stabalisers?

2»

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I managed to get a bit of video of Little Slowbike riding the other evening using my Aldi rear camera/light - he's so cocky!! He still goes at his pace and does what he wants to do - but the feet are up off the ground far more frequently. Reviewing the video I'm quite surprised he doesn't fall off more frequently with the amount he twists the handlebars
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I've noticed my son wrenching the bars about a bit on his balance bike too. Particularly when he feels he's going too fast he puts his feet down and tends to twist the bars about and waggle about in a fairly alarming fashion. I think the only times he's fallen off it have been in our kitchen, losing his balance while getting on and off rather than while actually riding it
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    My son's come off a few times - only once high speed (down a steep slope trying to follow me!) - but the waggle seems to be for fun rather than going too fast ... I'll keep watching though :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    When we were moving house and all the rooms were empty I used to race my daughter around the house with me on her balance bike and her on her trike - brilliant fun.

I got massively injured one day when she flicked me into a door frame coming out of the last corner into the final straight.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    When we were moving house and all the rooms were empty I used to race my daughter around the house with me on her balance bike and her on her trike - brilliant fun.

I got massively injured one day when she flicked me into a door frame coming out of the last corner into the final straight.
    :lol: a future Peter Sagan in the making!

My 2 year old son was recently racing his balance bike up and down the kitchen floor. He told me he was racing bikes (like Daddy watches on TV) and then told me that when you're racing bikes you have to be careful, in case you hurt your lovely fingers.