Jersey for small riders

Andymaxy
Andymaxy Posts: 197
edited September 2017 in Road beginners
Hey guys, anyone have trouble finding jerseys that has aero for racing?

I've always been bothered by having to race with flappy jerseys, since I can't find small enough jersey that fits.

I'm a male, stands at 5'8, but weight only 118 pounds.
My waist measures only 25 inches (ya even thinner than the majority of female riders out there I know) and 31 inch chest.

i found that jerseys that fit me horizontally (and that is already rare), are too short vertically.

This has been a real struggle and I would appreciate any help.

I've tried castelli, pearl izumi, and Louis garneau, all models with their tightest fitting. No luck so far. Been looking for custom fit clothing, but doesn't seem to be any out there. I don't mind wearing a women's jersey as long as it doesn't look to feminine, and long enough vertically.

Comments

• davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    Try Italian brands.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    davidof wrote:
    Try Italian brands.

He has tried Castelli....

I would suggest custom clothing.
    if you are in the UK, Kalas, will send you demo kit or Champion Systems, they also make very small sizes, bothdid kit for my daughters race teams and she is similar build to you, with bib shorts, i d not get hung up on length, within reason.
  • Andymaxy
    Andymaxy Posts: 197
    Lookyhere wrote:
    davidof wrote:
    Try Italian brands.

He has tried Castelli....

I would suggest custom clothing.
    if you are in the UK, Kalas, will send you demo kit or Champion Systems, they also make very small sizes, bothdid kit for my daughters race teams and she is similar build to you, with bib shorts, i d not get hung up on length, within reason.

I live in the US unfortunately, but I'll give it a shot.
    I appreciate your help
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Children's sizes?
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13083539

Not sure if you saw this thread but it may be of some assistance.

That said, at 25 inch waist you might be looking at custom made options to get a decent fit.

I wonder if a skin suit in a small size might be worth a try for you.
  • Castelli. The Italians are very optimistic in their sizing.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business